F Tha Police.

(America Lore for the beastmen laws there. Happens a day after Federal Trio. Next chapter will be Rhino Melancholy, I promise.)

In the background we hear a song over Y/n's phone... he's too busy thinking, to the point where his music app just picked a random song for him.

It's rap. Wild, crazy, but emotional. Everything that Y/n isn't.

The build-up to the song had a vinyl scratch, then it said, "Fuck the police comin' straight from the underground.
A Young ----- got it bad 'cause I'm brown.
And not the other color so police think-
They have the authority to kill a minority."

Not the type of music Y/n would ever willingly listen to.

Y/n Pov:

I do my job because really, it's all I have to live for. Job's are like goals, a job is practically a purpose. I have a job that's enjoyable at times, and sometimes I do things that seem... Bad.

As part of the F.B.I. I'm supposed to help handle federal cases. Last night, the species of beastmen were given limited rights. I do believe that they infringed on their constitutional rights, but I am not the Supreme Court, nor the government, so it does not matter to me. I am simply to follow their orders and do my job.

The fact that practically every single beastman is fighting back against those laws, means that this has now become a federal case. It's almost like a civil war. My opinions and thoughts do not matter.

I may be a bit selfish, matter of fact maybe even a hypocrite at times. I'm willing to help out Piers and Verra, but only because they're my friends. I wouldn't do anything to them.

But back to the major issue.
Again, I have been ordered to help locate a few beastmen who do not comply with the laws to be moved to a sort of... 'holding zone'. Aka just beastmen territory. Now I must locate bigger groups of them. The deviants who do not show up and turn themselves in, will be hunted. I won't kill any of them, unless I must act in self defense, or if I'm given different orders.

I now partially work with the police officers, and local sheriff departments, etc. It's a day after the events of which happened yesterday, when Piers, Verra, and I were amidst the chaos. It all happened so fast, luckily they're okay. I had to shoot that lion beastman, and neutralize those two police officers.

Well... It's the rules.

Timeskip to 1:30 PM. Where Y/n is now in the middle of a dispute between beastmen and law enforcers. It's more of a riot, but oh well.

I am now talking to the Captain of the S.W.A.T. team.
Y/n: "Captain Allen, are you sure we should be moving your men forwards?"

Cpt. Allen: "It's our best shot. Yesterday at 12 AM, a few beastmen apparently went out of control... we're not sure as to what happened to them, but luckily my men and I were able quickly dispatch them. Y'know?"

Y/n: "Of course. I witnessed a similar event."

Cpt. Allen: "You sure? The ones we took out- they looked... awful. Nothing I've ever seen. They were darker shades, and their eyes were... empty."

Y/n: "Are you sure you saw the events you're describing? The area you were at yesterday used tier gas to scare the beastmen rioters, perhaps that just messed with you."

Cpt. Allen: "Look, kid... I don't even know why they sent you of all people, but if you're this young and in the F.B.I. you better be useful."

Y/n: "Of course."

Out of nowhere amidst one of the taller buildings, there's a helicopter hovering above it.

Y/n: "Captain Allen, there's no reason for a helicopter."