1.17

Amaya sat with her back resting on one of the carries in the back on the truck, Percy was sat next to her his head rested on her shoulder as he slept somewhat peacefully. Annabeth and Grover had been pestering Amaya about Percy ever since he fell asleep, her two friends had never seen the girl act like this with anyone ever before. Normally, Amaya closed herself off to people she didn't know, and she shut down the idea of making other friends but with Percy she was open and okay with him being close to her.

"Amaya, I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm just saying, this is different. I knew that you were weary of Percy at the start, but you didn't really shut him out much." Annabeth spoke as she and Grover tried to get information out of the dark-haired girl.

"Look I don't know how or why but Percy was in my dreams before I even met him. Like the morning he arrived, he was literally in my nightmare." Amaya said giving in slightly to Annabeth's pestering.

Annabeth looked at the girl, her eyebrows furrowed as she talked to her friend. Annabeth had been watching the interactions between the blonde and dark-haired girl, she had seen them sneaking glances at one another, she had seen the slight touch that always passed between them when they were close enough, she had seen the worry on Amaya's face when Percy was poisoned, she had seen the way Percy looked at Amaya when she talked. Annabeth had seen it all. And she knew. She was just waiting for them to realize too.

"Okay we get that Amaya, but we have seen the way you look at each other." Grover pipped up from where he stood on a hay bale, trying to get the lighting right for Annabeth so that they could contact camp.

"The way we look at each other? What are you talking about?" Amaya asked, she was confused, I mean of course she looked at Percy, when he spoke, when she was talking to him, when he was talking to Annabeth, when he was doing something stupid, when absolutely nothing was going on with him and she was just looking at him because he looked good in the lighting. Shit. That's not normal.

Grover and Annabeth gave Amaya blank looks too which she ignored. The conversation between the three died out as Amaya looked down at Percy's head resting on her shoulder sighing, she started messing with his fingers and examining his hands she intertwined their fingers before letting go and doing it again. The girl finally dropped the blonde's hand as his breath started to pick up and his eyes fluttered open.

Percy blinked harshly trying to adjust to the brightness of the room he was sitting in. He could feel that his head was resting on something and that he was slightly leaning into something he just couldn't tell what. Slowly, the boy pulled his head off of whatever it was leaning on and sat up properly.

"Sleep well, Sunshine?" Amaya asked smiling up at the boy.

Percy felt the blood rush to his cheeks. Okay, so that was the someone he had fallen asleep on.

"Yup." The boy spoke his voice husky from having just woken up.

Amaya chuckled at Percy as he reached up to run his fingers through his hair, trying to tame it somehow.

"Does that help?" Grover called down to Annabeth, who was holding a glass cylinder that they had found lying around.

"Guess we're about to find out." Annabeth sighed whilst trying different angles.

"Can you see where we are?" Amaya pipped up picking herself up from the floor and moving to sit next to Annabeth.

Grover popped his head up above the truck and scanning the surroundings before coming back down and reporting to the group.

"We're almost there." He said moving to look at some of the animals.

Percy now slightly confused about what was going on made his way up to sit next to Amaya who handed him a golden drachma.