twenty one

"You may have already guessed, but I still want to talk about it. About my feelings for you." Jeongwoo spoke, holding the bouquet of carnations he had prepared. Before him, Doyoung looked unsure. For sure, he figured it out, but you can't predict it seeing his face.

"I like you." Jeongwoo said, sort of nervous. It's the first time anyone saw him like that. "I like you a lot, Doyoung." He offered the bouquet to his crush, "Will you go out with me?"

Doyoung stared at those red flowers. His gaze steady, he wasn't even blinking. Jeongwoo's nervousness grew. He glanced at his friends, Asahi and Jaehyuk, then looked at Doyoung again.

"Please take these flowers. They'll suit you."

Doyoung sighed. He looked rather.. sad? "Jeongwoo, I appreciate that you like me. And I do really like you... But only as a friend."

"Oh.." Jeongwoo's smile fell.

"I'm sorry, I can't go out with you. It's- you're amazing. But I like someone else."

"Who?" Jeongwoo didn't want to, but the question happened anyway.

"You know him very well."

"Tell me then, what is his name?" Jeongwoo asked. His grip on the bouquet was strong. His face shadowed with clouds of gloom.

"Ruto." Doyoung said.

"Ruto?"

"Mm- hm. Ruto."

Doyoung's words were floating in the air.

"Ruto.. Ruto... Ruto.."

Floating in Haruto's ears. That sweet, soft voice calling his name.

"Ruto, hey??"

"Haruto?" He heard Jeongwoo's voice again, "Gosh, he sleeps like a log."

Sleep?

Haruto slowly opened his eyes. Was he dreaming? But if it's just a dream, why is his Doyoung sitting so close to him?

Haruto smiled. His hand moved on its own, to the fluffy cheek of the pretty boy. Haruto's thumb grazed that skin, "Thank God you're here." He uttered. Deep and low. A little husky. Doyoung smiled back, "Yeah, we were worried about you?"

Haruto frowned, "We?"

"Yes, us, mysterious dude." Haruto clearly recognized that voice. Jeongwoo. He looked around, it was his own room. Doyoung was sitting on a chair by the bed. And Jeongwoo, on the bed, by the side of his waist. "Where did you go last night? None of us could reach you."

Right. Haruto sat up. He remembered everything. From Jihoon to the walk outside, then dinner. They probably had a bottle of soju, but then they got back home. It was late at night so he must have felt tired and had gone back to sleep.

So what he saw was a dream. He still was to know what happened with the two men last night. Did Jeongwoo confess? Did Doyoung say yes?

"I was out with Jihoon hyung. My phone was in silent mode, didn't notice that you're calling."

"So your important work?" Doyoung asked, "That involved Mr. Park?"

"Sort of." The Japanese shortly replied. "Why are you here though?"

"Oh, we just wanted to check on you." Smiled Doyoung. Such a precious one! "Asahi hyung told us that you came back late so we waited till morning to pay you a visit."

"He insisted." Jeongwoo grinned, pointing at Doyoung, "See, how caring my man is?"

Haruto frowned. My man? Does that mean..