nineteen

Even a year ago, hanging out at Haruto and Asahi's place was an everyday thing for both Jeongwoo and Jaehyuk, Asahi's all time best friend. Since Haruto left his country at a very young age, his friends literally adopted him, Asahi being the first one, then eventually, he got to meet Jaehyuk and through the latter, Jeongwoo. They had been good friends ever since, always looking after each other. But lately, due to increasing academic pressure, the older guys often fail to find time, but they still hang out at least once in every two weeks.

The free day already demanded a hangout, but it actually happened because Jeongwoo insisted. He said he had very important stuff to talk about. Haruto had a hunch, but he didn't wanna assume anything before actually hearing it from his friend. So, the four guys were huddling in the living room of the Japanese men's apartment.

"What is it? Why did you drag us all here in a fine morning?" Jaehyuk who's almost like Jeongwoo's big brother, asked.

"Tsk, you act like you don't wanna be here, hyung." Jeongwoo replied.

"Well, we're in our final year at uni, we don't have lots of free time like you guys." Jaehyuk defended.

"So? You gotta listen to this."

"Then why don't you begin speaking?"

Asahi chuckled, looking at his close friends fight like kids. Haruto wasn't on the same page though. He was growing impatient.

"Yeah, begin speaking, Woo." He said. Looking at his serious face, Jeongwoo actually started with the relevant topic, after thoroughly clearing his throat.

"Okay, so .. I need your help." He grinned, looking at Haruto, "I'm gonna confess to him."

Except for Jaehyuk, the other two fell completely silent. Asahi even glanced once at Haruto who looked too stiff to be rational.

"Is this the same guy you said you're gonna accompany having a haircut?" Jaehyuk grinned. With equal excitement, the younger replied, "Yes, exactly! Doyoung. He's in the same uni as Ruto."

"How's he like?" This time, Jaehyuk's question was directed to Haruto who felt a strong pinch of pain in his heart. However, he nodded, "Mm, he's fun to hang out with. A bit quirky and loud at times." He chuckled as he spoke, "But he has a good heart."

"Whoo, that means you have his approval, Woo?" Jaehyuk poked his junior who giggled in response. Asahi frowned at Haruto. What was he even doing?

"Wait." He interrupted, "Jeongwoo, are you sure? What gave you the confidence that he'll accpet your confession?"

Jeongwoo cocked an eyebrow, "He sort of gave it away in the barbar shop."

"How so?"

"Well I often flirt with him and Ruto saw it- how he flirts back. So after I trimmed my hair short, he kept saying how good I look. And, I can't explain, there was something in the way he looked at me. I think- I think he feels the same way."

"That's no confirmation, Woo." Asahi said.

Jeongwoo sighed, "I have to take the chance anyway. Because if he doesn't feel the same, it's not too late to get a hold of my feelings."

"Don't you think that's insincere?" The older Japanese male continued, "You need to be certain of your own feelings first. Otherwise, if something happens in future, how will you fight it for him?"

"Sahi yah, why are you scaring him off?" Jaehyuk said to his friend, "He'll ask for a relationship, not his hands for marriage."

"Even so-"

"Asahi." Haruto stopped his friend, "I think hyung's right. It's not that serious." He then looked at Jeongwoo, "Besides, I think Doyoung will say yes to him. I saw them flirt. They're on the same page."