𝟭𝟴(ɢᴜɪʟᴛ&ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ)

Tʜᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪs
Wʜᴀᴛ ᴀᴍ ⵊ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ?
Nᴏᴛ ɢʀᴀʙ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡʀɪsᴛ?

                  Tʜᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪs                             Wʜᴀᴛ ᴀᴍ ⵊ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ?                              Nᴏᴛ ɢʀᴀʙ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡʀɪsᴛ?

The guilt gnawed at me relentlessly. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw Aziz's face, heard his voice, and felt the weight of my harsh words.

How could I have misunderstood him so completely? Yes, he had chosen a violent path, but his intentions had been to protect, to bring justice.

I remembered all the names i had called him, the insults i  had hurled, and felt a pang of regret.

Yet, the fact that he had hidden the truth from me gnawed at me.

I had called him dirty names, insulted him cruelly, and all the while, he had been fighting his own battles.

Why hadn't he told me the truth earlier? Why had he threatened me to keep my mouth shut? These questions swirled in my mind, keeping me awake through the long, restless night.

Only Aziz could provide the answers, but I couldn't bring myself to face him.

The next morning, I went to the Siddiqui house, dreading the inevitable encounter with Aziz. As soon as I saw him, I averted my eyes, unable to face the man I had wronged so deeply.

For the next four days, I repeated this pattern, avoiding him at every turn. My guilt was suffocating, and I didn't know how to bridge the chasm I had created between us.

During this time, Shayan came to me with troubling news. He needed a patient file from my cabin, and when he and Mahek had entered, they found the place in disarray.

Papers were strewn everywhere, and it was clear that someone had been searching for something.

When Shayan checked the CCTV footage, he found that parts of the clip had been erased, leaving only a brief glimpse of a masked intruder.

Someone was trying to get information about the Siddiqui family, and some important reports about Dadi were missing.

It was evident that whoever was behind this knew their way around the hospital. I didn't tell Shayan everything, not wanting to drag him into this mess.

After finishing Dadi Siddiqui's checkup, I prepared to leave the mansion. As I made my way toward the staircase, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into a room.