Eddie Diaz X Male Reader

The sun was beginning to set over the quiet suburban street as you made your way up the path to Eddie’s house. It had been a typical Saturday spent catching up on movies and reminiscing about old times, just like you had done countless times since middle school.

As you knocked on the door, it swung open almost immediately, revealing Eddie with a warm smile. His hazel eyes sparkled with genuine happiness at seeing you, and you couldn’t help but feel a flutter of warmth in your chest.

“Hey, man! Come on in,” Eddie greeted, stepping aside to let you enter.

You followed him into the cozy living room, where the familiar scent of coffee mingled with the faint aroma of a home-cooked meal. It felt comforting, like slipping into a well-worn jacket after a long day.

“So, what’s the plan tonight?” Eddie asked, sinking into the couch beside you.

You shrugged nonchalantly. “Maybe order some takeout and see where the night takes us?”

Eddie grinned, his dimples deepening. “Sounds perfect to me.”

As the evening unfolded, conversation flowed easily between you, ranging from childhood antics to more serious discussions about life after high school. Eddie had always been your anchor, someone who understood you better than anyone else.

At some point, the conversation veered into more personal territory. Eddie talked about Shannon, the girl he had been seeing for a while now. You listened attentively, masking the pang of jealousy that tugged at your heart. It wasn’t easy hearing about someone else filling the space in Eddie’s life that you secretly longed to occupy.

“I think she might be the one,” Eddie admitted with a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

You forced a smile, masking your true feelings behind a facade of support. “That’s great, Eddie. I’m happy for you.”

Inside, your heart ached with longing, knowing that you could never be more than a friend to him, not in the way you yearned to be.

Weeks turned into months, and Eddie and Shannon’s relationship deepened. You watched from the sidelines, feeling increasingly invisible as Eddie’s attention shifted to his girlfriend. Despite the ache in your chest, you buried your feelings deep, unwilling to risk the friendship that meant everything to you.

One summer evening, Eddie invited you over to his place for a barbecue. It was meant to be a casual get-together, a chance to relax and unwind after a hectic week. You arrived to find Eddie flipping burgers on the grill, the smell of charred meat mingling with the sweet scent of summer flowers in his backyard.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over everything, you found yourselves alone on the porch, sipping beer and reminiscing about the past.

“I appreciate you, you know,” Eddie said suddenly, his voice soft with emotion.

You glanced at him, surprised by the intensity in his gaze. “What do you mean?”

He hesitated, as if choosing his words carefully. “You’ve always been there for me, through thick and thin. I don’t say it enough, but I’m grateful for you.”

A lump formed in your throat, emotions swirling inside you like a storm. “I… I feel the same way, Eddie.”

The air between you crackled with unspoken words, the weight of years of unspoken feelings hanging heavy in the warm summer night.

And then, in a moment of boldness you hadn’t known you possessed, you leaned forward and pressed your lips against Eddie’s. It was a gentle kiss, tentative yet filled with years of longing and unspoken desire. For a heartbeat, time stood still as you dared to hope that maybe, just maybe, he felt the same.

Eddie pulled back slightly, his expression a mix of surprise and something you couldn’t quite decipher. “I… I didn’t expect that.”

Your heart sank, the fear of rejection threatening to overwhelm you. “I’m sorry, Eddie. I shouldn’t have…”

But before you could finish, Eddie’s hand cupped your cheek, his thumb brushing gently against your skin. “No,” he murmured, his voice barely a whisper. “Don’t be sorry.”

And then he kissed you back, a kiss filled with passion and a depth of feeling that surpassed any words. In that moment, everything else faded away—the doubts, the fears, the years of unspoken longing. There was only Eddie, and the promise of something new and exhilarating between you.

As you pulled him closer, the warmth of his body pressed against yours, you knew that this was the beginning of something real. A relationship born not out of convenience or proximity, but out of a love that had been silently growing between you for years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope y'all like it.