prologue

Credit to @tayvishipper for the title, it's perfect so tysm for coming in to save the day when my brain wasn't working <3

tw: bsdm relationship and ratty healy

Guilty as Sin? - Taylor Swift
S & M - Rihanna
Don't Blame Me - Taylor Swift
Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande
Liar - Camila Cabello
Hands To Myself - Selena Gomez
Dress - Taylor Swift

The secret of us was darker than I ever could have imagined. 

Travis Kelce was my best friend, the man I'd grown up with from when we'd been little five year olds in the same class to grown adults showing up to everything for each other. I was on top of the world, a singer, songwriter, model, director, actor, and so much more. Travis was the highest paid tight end in the history of the NFL, and we supported each other like crazy.

I'd always told Travis everything, everything except for a deep secret I hid from everyone.  I wanted so much more than he could ever imagine, a dark, sexual urge that pounded through me. There was something about him that just made me think about a whole new world I wanted to explore, but he was my best friend and I knew he'd never feel the same. 

It terrified me, so I'd blocked it out. Refused to acknowledge the feelings and dated so many other men to push him out of my mind. They'd never lasted long, but then all of a sudden one had.

Even though my heart hadn't been in it, I'd married Matty in January 2022, six months after meeting him when we'd been a little drunk one night, desperate to change my heart through force. I was convinced it would work. Matty never noticed my preoccupation, my love for my best friend; he was always out drinking and doing drugs and so out of it he barely paid attention, which worked just fine for me. I tried to push Travis out of my head.

No such luck.

Not ever.

I continued to want Travis, continued to picture his face every time I kissed my husband, longed for him, and never said a thing.