Chapter 20

Wedding

"So how's everything going at school?" Eric asked sitting at Karen's cafe

"Um well it's going I mean nothing special has happened" his son shrugged "well Brooke did win council president which is very different"

"Brooke Davis council president?" Erica chuckled "wow I never thought I'll hear that. Good for her"

"Yeah"

"So are you two..." he trailed off giving his son a look

Jayson's eyes widened "no, no we're not" He awkwardly laughed "she's just a friend dad"

"If that's what you believe" he shook his head laughing "you can't hide it from me son"

"I'm not hiding anything from you"

"If you say so" he nods before going quiet "you should call her"

"Why would I call Brooke?" Jayson raised an eyebrow

"No, your mom" he slightly chuckled. Jayson sighed looking away "she's still your mom Jay, she messed up, we all have messed up and you've forgiven me so why can't you forgive her? She's done more for you then I have, I'm lucky you even talk to me anymore"

Jayson sat there quietly, deep down he knew but just finding out his mom let him blame his dad for the family being a mess and knowing she wasn't all that of a good person made him mad at her

"Please just call her Jayson. I've forgave her for what she did, you should too"

——

Jayson walks into Nathan's apartment where he's sitting on the couch "hey Nate"

Nathan turn around to see him standing in a black suit "hey" he mumbles "what's with the suit?"

"It's Keith's wedding man" Jayson shook his head as if he should remember it "just came to check in, how's your mental break down going?"

Nathan rolls his eyes "Haley called" he says not looking away from the tv "told me to watch her on tv" he sighs standing up "what's the point of everything, if only Lucas stayed in his little bubble then I would of never met Haley"

"If you never would of met Haley then you wouldn't be who you are today. You'll still be a spoiled little prick" Jayson says

"I wouldn't have been left by my own wife"

"Haley was the best thing to ever happen to you Nate, and you can't deny it either. You changed for the best because of her" he sighs before continuing "you have your dream to play in the nba and her's if music, and you as a husband should support that"

"She left me Jay" Nathan mumbles

"I know, her leaving wasn't the best way to do it and she messed up, everyone messes up" he stops realizing what his father was saying earlier "but it doesn't mean you stop loving or supporting them"