Prologue

This story begins with a book (that is actually a tablet) being opened as a hand swipes across the screen. A female voice speaks as a castle is pulled up. "Once upon long, long ago-well, more like 20 years ago-Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends." A portrait of Belle and Adam is show in the castle before they are transformed into cake toppers on top of a large cake.

The voice gives a humorless laugh as the finger destroys it. "Big cake." A 3D model of the kingdom pops up. "Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all the kingdoms and got himself elected president of the United States of Auradon~." They say this sarcastically as a banner with 'United States of Auradon' floated above it.

On a tiny island statues of villains are show. "He rounded up all the villains sidekicks-basically all the really interesting people-and he booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there." The hand snaps and all the statues go onto the tiny island as a green barrier is put around it.

An alley way full of people are show in a busted up city. "This is my hood." A swipe shows a shop selling used brooms. "No magic." Another swipe as the screen glitches and shows poorly done electric boxes. "No Wi-Fi!" Another swipe as a broken bridge leading from the island appears on screen. "No way out. Or so I thought."

The Isle of the Lost can be seen out of a window as dark clouds roam above it. "Hang on! You're about to meet us. But first, this happened."

A young man is looking out the window with a hopeful glint in his eyes as a tailor fits him in a suit. He moves the man's head to face forward as he measures the circumference of his skull.

Belle and Adam walk through the door, arm in arm as Adam proudly asks. "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month. You're just a baby."

Belle pats his arm with an excited smile. "He's turning 16 dear."

The young man greets his dad with a concealed, nervous glance. "Hey pops."

Belle walks around as she grabs some clothes as Adam continues, taking off his glasses. "16!? That's far to young be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision till I was at least 42."

Belle playfully scoffs as she turns to Adam. "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

He gives her a teasing smile. "Well it was either you or a teapot." He playfully winks at his son, who chuckles before Belle gave him a stern, but equally teasing look. "Kidding."

The man takes a breath before saying as he tries to step off the platform. "Mom, dad?" The tailor stops him, holding a finger up as he stays still. "I've chosen my first official proclamation." Belle and Adam exchange pleasantly shocked looks before refocusing on their son. "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance..." He pauses for a moment before ripping the metaphorical band aid off. "To live here in Auradon."

They give not so pleasantly shocked expressions this time, Belle even dropping the jacket she had been holding.

"Every time I look out to the Island I feel like they've been abandoned." He steps off the platform towards his parents as he gestures to said window. The tailor gives a defeated sigh as he sits down.

Adam takes on a stern stance and voice as he tries to reason with his son. "The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?"

He holds his hands semi-nervously as he explains his plans. "We start out with a few at first. Only the ones who need out help the most." He gives them assured smiles. "I've already chosen them."

Adam gives him a challenging look, taking a step forward. "Have you?"

Belle places a calming hand on his arm. "I gave you a second chance." She gently reminds him, making him look down and let her take over. She looks at he son. "Who are their parents?"

"Cruella de Vil. Jafar. Evil Queen. Queen of Hearts." With each name they look more and more nervous but don't say anything. He takes a deep breath as he reveals the last villain. "And Maleficent."

The tailor lets out a scared gasp as Adam immediately blows up. "Maleficent!?!" Everyone looks weary at the mere mention of the name. "She is the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear me out." He begs his dad.

It falls on deaf ears as the tailor politely bows before quickly leaving. "I won't hear of it." He holds up a stern finger as he stops his son. "They are guilty of unspeakable crimes!"

"Dad, their children are innocent!" He refutes, not wanting to back down so quickly. "Don't you think they deserve a shot as a normal life?" The rest of the servants leave the room to give them privacy as he says pleadingly. "Dad."

Belle looks between her son and husband. Adam sighs, before glancing over to Belle, who gives a comforting nod. His son gives a pleading look as his eyes beg his dad to agree.

Adam takes a defeated breath before agreeing. "I suppose the children are innocent."

He gives a thankful look, small smile gracing his face. Adam looks between his son and wife before he walks away.

Belle gives a nervous but proud smile as she steps to her son, straightening his jacket as she says, "Well done." She walks over to Adam with a 'Shall we?' as they leave, arm in arm just like they entered.

He looks over to the island, stepping towards the window as he nervously messes with his royal ring, anxiously awaiting for his plan to take place.