Chapter 9 ~ Gianna

Gianna Rostova

I felt so pathetic crying like a baby and worst of all on my wedding day. I didnt know what hurt more, getting married to a guy I hardly knew or the fact that my own father couldn't find time to make it to my wedding.

Soon enough, I mustered the courage to return to the party and changed into another dress. This one was purple and matched the bridesmaids dress.

I looked at myself on the mirror. I was an ugly crier and I was well aware but now I was an ugly crier with mascara streaming down my cheeks.

I got a pack of make up wipes and removed and reapplied my makeup in under fifteen minutes.

I stepped into some white high heels and looked at myself in the mirror, I still looked sad. I pulled my lips into a strained smile.

Presentable. Much better than before, that's for sure.

I walked out and was greeted by Camilla and Alessandro and surprisingly they were talking and laughing together.

Camilla looked at Alessandro with hearts in her eyes. That's when it hit me.

Camilla had a crush on Alessandro. And they were flirting.

She seemed to be on a roll and I would hate to cut that short for her. I scanned my surroundings there were a bunch of people taking and they all looked really important.

"Gia." I hear a voice behind me speak. A female one.

I turn around to see a woman I had never seen before, she had brown hair and eyes and a lean figure, she had siren eyes that glared into mine.

"Hello," I say, "Do I know you?"

She laughed a bitter laugh and brushed brown a strand of hair away from her face before settling of my face with a glare, "No, my friends call me Candy, you however," she looked me up and down, "You can call me Candace."

I looked around the room awkwardly, "Okay," I say slowly, half expecting this to be a joke, "If I don't know you then what are you doing here considering this is a wedding?"

She laughed and swirled her drink in hand, "Matteo and I have a lot of," her bottom lips disappeared between her teeth, "History"

An ex? Matteo had never mentioned anything about an ex to me, I didn't even seem like the type to be in a relationship in the first place. Unless it was forced. We didn't talk a lot I'm the first place but I would have expected a heads up about his ex's attendance.

She shrugged her shoulders content, probably at the slightly shocked on my face, "And he invited you?"

"Yeah, personally, he came over to my house last night."

Last night?

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I was well aware me an Matteo's relationship wasn't normal. We hadn't gone on dates. We hasn't kissed well, except for just now at at altar but that forced too. It didn't mean anything. But I never thought that he would cheat.

No, Matteo wasn't a cheater, I hardly knew him but he seemed like a loyal person to everything else he did.

I mean, was it really even cheating if we were never truly together, we were married legally, maybe that was all.

Candace faked a sympathetic look, "Oh, he didn't tell you? Not that I blame him."

She took in my appearance, and smacked her lips, "You don't look like you could handle his type of sex, he fucks hard from the back, and you look like you want someone to whisper how pretty you are while licking their cock."