Ch.31 Unspoken Worries

authors note: this chapter covers important meetings, and y/n being poisoned. sorry if the chapter is long. I rather post a long chapter than a bunch of parts of a chapter, that was ment to be one.

---

The morning sun filtered through the heavy curtains of the palace, casting a gentle glow over the polished marble floor of the hallway. Nyx Shadowdancer, approached Y/N's room with her usual silent grace, her steps echoing softly against the marble. Her dark attire blended seamlessly with the dim light, making her nearly invisible.

As Nyx neared the door, Sage's voice appeared in her head, their tone serious with amusement contradicting their tone. "Nyx, knock gently. Y/N startles easily," they advised.

Nyx gave a curt nod, her thoughts contrasting with her actions. Knocking hard is the point, she mused. Ignoring Sage's advice, she rapped loudly on the door. Almost instantly, a knife sliced through the wood, narrowly missing Nyx's head. 

Unperturbed, Nyx dodged the blade, feeling the wind of it graze her cheek. A thin line of blood appeared, but she quickly healed it with a flicker of shadow magic, her expression calm and collected.
After the immediate danger passed, Nyx pushed open the door and entered Y/N's room. Y/N lay in bed, eyes still closed but already alert. She groaned softly as she stretched, her muscles taut and ready despite the early hour and joints dislocated. Her eyes snapped open, sharp and vigilant, taking in Nyx's presence.

"Good morning, Your Highness," Nyx greeted, bowing slightly.

Y/N sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes and James's sleeping arm from her waist. "Morning, Nyx. What's on the agenda today?" she asked, her voice steady and commanding.

Nyx gave a small, knowing smile. With a graceful wave of her hand, she summoned a swirling mass of shadows that merged into a dark portal. Reaching into the inky darkness, she effortlessly pulled out an iPad, the device appearing as if it had materialized from thin air. The screen flickered to life, casting a soft glow on Nyx's pale icy face.

"You have a busy day ahead, Your Highness," Nyx began, tapping the screen with deft fingers. "There's a meeting with the tailor at nine, a session with the royal council at eleven, and finalizing the coronation preparations throughout the afternoon. Counting today, we only have three days left before the coronation, so everything needs to be perfect." Y/N nodded, her mind already shifting into high gear. "Very well. Let's get started."

She paused for a moment, considering the tasks ahead. "Nyx, can you make Rain useful and have him help with the tailor? He loves fashion and knows the type of clothes I like."

Nyx nodded, a faint smile playing on her lips. "Of course, Your Highness. I will ensure Rain assists with the fitting."

At that moment, Sage, who had been lying next to Y/N, finally sat up, their hair tousled from sleep. "Can I help out with the tailor too? But I need my sketchbook," they asked, their eyes bright with interest.

Y/N chuckled softly, reaching under her shirt. With a quick motion, she retrieved Sage's sketchbook from her internal storage and handed it to them. "Here you go, Sage. I'm sure your input will be invaluable."

Sage beamed, clutching the sketchbook to their chest. "Thanks, Y/N! I'll make sure everything is perfect."

---

Nyx left the room, to tune Rain in on today's plan, leaving Y/N, Sage, alone to feed while James sleep. When she returned with smoothies, as Sage had requested, Nyx was greeted by an unexpected sight. Clothes were scattered everywhere, creating a chaotic mess on the pristine marble floor. Y/N sat in the middle of it all, wearing only a sports bra, female boxers, and body braces and tape to keep her joints in place. Y/N's face was a picture of frustration.