0.1

Super rich kids

Super rich kids

Danika glumly walked into her family room, on the couch sat Anthony and Rick Riley, her father no where in sight.

"Why so glum chum?" Her second oldest brother, Anthony joked, poking at the girls sides.

"I don't want to go to this stupid ducks orientation." She mumbled.

"Well you have too, you're supporting your amazing, awesome varsity brother." Her oldest brother smirked at her.

All she could do was let out a loud groan.

Danika was known for being on the more 'dramatic' side you could say, but she was honestly a very sweet girl, despite having an older brother who thinks he rules the world. Danika and Rick are nothing alike, but she knows Rick genuinely means well most of the time.

"Rick stop it!" Danika spoke, her older brother Rick was messing up her hair as they walked into the auditorium, their dad and he dean were presenting a speech about the new jv hockey team joining the prestigious school

"Listen here Danika, if any of these free ride chumps try and talk to you, you come straight to me. These ducks are bad news." Rick ordered.

"I can talk to whoever i want." Danika sassed back, placing her hands on her hips.

"Not under the whole varsity teams watch you cant."

"Watch me."

And with that Danika turned away from Rick and stomped to her seat, hitting him with her hair in the process.

Danika was sitting with the varsity team, so her and rick sat awkwardly, arms crossed, with scooter inbetween them, shooting glares at eachother any chance they got.

The varsity team is Danika's second family almost. She doesn't have many friends, or any friends at all for that matter, so Rick's team acts almost as 20 older brothers to the girl.

The cheerleaders almost took Danika under there wing as well, mostly because Mindy, Rick's girlfriend made them.

But Dani knows they just pity her. She's fine with being on her own, but Rick doesn't like it.

Everybody knows Rick Riley has a soft spot for his younger sister, and everybody also knows Rick Riley is the most powerful student in Eden Hall Academy, making Danika powerful in default.

Dean Buckley started talking moments later and everyone was sitting quietly, until Rick opened his big mouth.

There were 5 kids Danika had never seen before sitting infront of them, she just assumed they were random people. Rick however, did not.

"Hey, you know what? You Ducks don't belong here at Eden Hall." Rick spat harshly, leaning forward.

"What?" The short one said, with extreme attitude.

"Hey easy, Russ. they probably just think we're someone else." A boy with a cowboy hat said.

"Um, I'm Dwayne. We're the new hockey team. And you are?" The cowboy continued with his heavy country accent.

"Varsity. The only hockey team. State champs." Rick replied, glaring at the small group infront.

"You know, my little lost his J.V. slot when they brought you yo-yos in here." Rick just kept going.

"Rick stop it!" Danika grumbled.

"Probably wasn't good enough." The blonde girl said, smiling sarcastically.

"See that's my dad. Hes gonna get the board to revoke your scholarships. just you wait." Rick snarked, pointing at the twos father.

"That's your dad? Nice outfit. Did it come with a yacht." The boy, learned to be named Russ shot back.

Danika couldn't hold in her giggle this time, getting a slap to the back of the head from rick and a nudge from scooter.

The argument slowly fizzled into nothingness, and they continued to listen to the dean.

"Thus, myself, the board, Tom Riley of the alumni association and Varsity Coach Wilson, who has led us to ten consecutive state championships, we have all made
a change for the future."

Danika groaned, she hated listening to these useless speech's and hated seeing her dad stand up there all smug even more.

"So, today, after much debate, on both sides, we proudly open our doors via full scholarships, to a truly gifted group of student athletes. So, will you please join me in giving a big, rousing Warrior welcome to the gold medal winners of theJunior Goodwill Games. I present to you," Dean went on talking until a group of sweaty teenagers on roller blades fell onto the stage.

"Hi, we're the ducks..." A tall brunette said.

Danika cringed for them, covering her face as Rick glared.

After that whole fiasco, Danika was walking with Scooter, she had forgotten it was actually the first day of school, and her first day of highschool, so Scooter was showing her where everything is

"And if you have any trouble, come find me or one of the guys, okay?" Scooter said sharply, Danika nodded her head in reply, pretending like she was listening.

"Good luck kiddo." He continued.

"Thanks Scooter." Danika smiled up at him, walking into her first period class.

She looked around awkwardly and found a seat in the far back corner.

A tall blonde kid sat next to her, she recognized him as one of the kids who fell onto the stage earlier today.

"Hey, i'm Adam, Adam banks." The boy said, smiling at Dani lightly.

"I'm Danika Riley, but you can call me Dani." She smiled back at him.

"So, you're one of the new kids on the JV team?" Dani asked.

"Yup, that's me."

"I should warn you about my brother before you accidentally bump into him, he's the captain of the Varsity team, and he doesn't like you guys very much." Danika spoke in an apologetic tone.

"Oh..." Adam looked dumbfounded, like he didn't know what to say.

Before the awkward conversation could continue on away the teacher started talking, all the other voices in the room quickly quieted down.