Chapter 14

Murtasim surveyed the crowd of guards, their expressions a mix of respect and admiration as they congratulated him on the successful operation. Among them stood Meerab, her face radiant with pride beside Chief Mustafa, who applauded vigorously. As the security room cleared out, Murtasim approached them.

"Great work, Murtasim," Chief Mustafa commended with a nod.

"You were so impressive, Murtasim! I'm thoroughly impressed," Meerab chimed in enthusiastically, eliciting knowing smiles from the guards around them. Murtasim nodded awkwardly before the three of them exited the security room. In the hallway, they spotted Amar and his team heading for a meeting with Chief Mustafa and Chief Hameed. Excusing himself, Chief Mustafa left Meerab and Murtasim alone.

"What are you doing here?" Murtasim asked curiously.

"Chief uncle called me to assign a bodyguard," Meerab replied. "I asked for someone else, but he insisted on Zain."

"Who else do you want besides Zain?" Murtasim inquired, his brow furrowing.

"Someone with really beautiful and dreamy eyes," Meerab shrugged.

"Whose eyes are you talking about?" Murtasim scanned the room filled with guards, curious about whom Meerab admired.

"Just someone's," Meerab teased, crossing her arms playfully. "Why should I tell you?"

Murtasim's frustration crawling in at Meerab's insistence. "Forget about getting the guard with dreamy eyes. Zain is the only one who will be your bodyguard!" He shot her a stern look, but Meerab couldn't contain her amusement, biting her lip to stifle a laugh as Murtasim stormed off, determined to end the conversation.

"Are you sure you don't have any other problem with that guard besides his dreamy eyes?" Meerab teased further, her voice carrying mischief as Murtasim glanced back at her with a glare before continuing down the hallway.

"You're the one, Murtasim. You have those beautiful and dreamy eyes!" Meerab suddenly called out, her voice ringing through the ground floor. Silence descended like a heavy curtain as all eyes turned towards them: guards, police team, Chief Mustafa, and Chief Hameed included. Amar stifled a laugh behind his hand, while Fahad and Aliyaan exchanged amused chuckles, trying to keep straight faces and Zain simply just cleared his throat as he looked at Murtasim sympathetically.

Murtasim stood frozen in the center of the bustling ground floor, his cheeks turning pink. Meerab, unfazed by her earlier remark, giggled softly as she gracefully made her way towards the elevator. Sensing the awkwardness, Murtasim bowed his head in a silent apology before briskly retreating to the sanctuary of his office.

Chief Mustafa and Chief Hameed exchanged bemused glances, sharing a moment of silent amusement before Hameed cleared his throat, breaking the tension that hung in the air. "Let's get back to work, everyone," he said with a half-smile, his attempt to restore normalcy palpable in his voice as he led the police team towards the meeting room.

_______________________________

Smiling confidently, Meerab ascended to the main entrance of the bustling agency, her thoughts fixed on meeting Nazar in his office. However, her plans were abruptly interrupted when she spotted Soniya Ali, surrounded by other actresses. Since the infamous muffler incident, it seemed Soniya had developed some lingering animosity towards her.

"Well, well, look who's decided to grace us with her presence—Meerab Ahmed," Soniya taunted with a smirk. "She's been so busy with new projects for the past three years that she couldn't even spare a moment. And now, it seems she's venturing into politics as well."