45| Rebuild Everything

One-shot idea by: typically_hima🦋

Abhyudaya and Gautami had once been the perfect couple, the epitome of love and partnership. They had met in college, bonded over their shared ambitions and had eventually started a company together.

Their love marriage had been a grand celebration, a testament to their commitment to each other. But the demands of running a business had taken their toll, leading to endless conflicts and sleepless nights.

One evening, after yet another heated argument over a missed deadline, Gautami had reached her breaking point. "I cannot do this anymore Abhyudaya," she said, her voice trembling with frustration. "We need a break. Some space to think. I am really tired. Aur nahi hoga mujhse."

Abhyudaya looked at her, his own anger simmering just beneath the surface. "And what about the company Gautami? We cannot just walk away from it. Humare baare mein kya?"

"I know," she replied, tears streaming down her face. "But we cannot keep going like this. It is destroying us."

Without another word, she packed a bag and left for her maternal home, hoping that the time apart would help them find some clarity.

The days that followed were a blur for Abhyudaya. The company, already struggling began to crumble under the weight of their absence. Clients started pulling out, projects stalled and the financial losses mounted. He found himself unable to cope with the dual burden of a failing business and a broken heart.

Abhyudaya isolated himself, spending his days at home, lost in memories of better times. He ignored calls and emails, sinking deeper into despair. His friends and family tried to reach out but he pushed them away, unable to face the reality of his situation.

One particularly dreary afternoon, he sat on the living room floor, surrounded by paperwork and empty coffee cups, staring blankly at a photo of him and Gautami from their wedding day.

The pain of her absence was unbearable for him. He was longing for her presence, her support, her care and her love. All and everything of her.

Meanwhile, Gautami was struggling with her own demons. She missed Abhyudaya terribly from her heart but from her mind's perspective, she knew that they both needed this time apart.

She spent her days thinking about their relationship, trying to figure out where things had gone wrong and if there was a way to fix it because all she wanted was him back to her. She could not keep herself distant from her love.

One evening, while taking a walk during a rainstorm, Gautami found herself drawn to the riverside. The rain poured down, the world around her shrouded in a gray mist.

As she walked, she saw a familiar figure sitting by the river, head down and shoulders slumped. Her heart skipped a beat as she recognized that it was none other than her Abhyudaya.

Without hesitation, she approached him, her umbrella shielding her from the rain. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and he looked up, his eyes filled with a mix of surprise and relief.

"Gautami?" He whispered, his voice cracking.

"Abhyudaya," she replied softly, her heart aching at the sight of him. "What are you doing out here?"

"I....I do not know," he admitted, tears welling up in his eyes. "Everything is falling apart Gautami. The company and most importantly, us....I do not know how to fix it or what to do. I am exhausted. Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha Gautami." His voice broke and tears began streaming down his face.

She sat beside him, her umbrella now covering both of them. She wiped his tears holding his face in her hands with a gentle smile and gaze. "Hey, listen to me Abhi," she said, her voice firm but gentle. "We will figure this out together. Main tumhare saath hoon aur ab kahi nahi jaa rahi. We just need to communicate, really communicate and work through this. Dekhna sab theek hojayega. Yeh mera waada hai tumse."

He looked at her, hope flickering in his eyes. "Do you think we can?"

"I know we can," she replied, squeezing his hand. "But it would not be easy. We have to be honest with each other and work as a team, like we used to."

Abhyudaya nodded, taking a deep breath. "I really missed you Gautami. I miss you. I miss us. The way we used to be happy together once."

She smiled through her tears, leaning in to kiss his forehead. "I miss you too Abhyudaya. Now let us go home and start over. We can rebuild the company, we can rebuild us and be happy together again."

They stood up, hand in hand, ready to face the challenges ahead. The rain continued to fall but for the first time in weeks, Abhyudaya felt a glimmer of hope. With Gautami by his side, he knew they could overcome anything.

Together, they walked back towards their future, determined to reclaim the love and success that had once defined their lives.

The end☺🌼

More oneshots coming soon, stay tuned🌸🤗

-Moonlight✨🎀