Part 4

Salar was talking on the phone with someone when Jibreel entered his room. Salar was facing the wall, so he couldn't see Jibreel entering the room. Jibreel walked few steps inside and then saw Salar talking on the phone, standing in the middle of the room.

After talking for a while, Salar ended the call. When he turned around, he saw Jibreel standing in the middle of the room. Salar was startled to see him suddenly in front of him. His face showed signs of surprise and curiosity.

"Hey! When did you arrive?" Salar asked Jibreel, placing his phone on the side table.

"Just a little while ago," Jibreel replied. Now both Salar and jibreel were standing face to face.

Salar glanced at jibreel's face for a moment, then asked, "What's up? Is there something you wanted to say?"

"Yes, I need to talk to you about something," Jibreel responded.

"Sure, go ahead!"

"After marriage, I want to permanently shift to Pakistan," Jibreel's statement made Salar squint his eyes.

"I'm sure Ayesha would never have said such a thing to you," He was Salar Sikandar, whose assumptions never turn out to be wrong.

Jibreel chuckled, lowering his head, then lifted it to find Salar smiling back at him.

"Correct!!"

"Alright, go ahead and shift, but is there a specific reason for this? I mean, you're doing well in your current job," Salar asked.

"Yes, Baba, I want to contribute my abilities, time, and energy to my country, to do something meaningful for it,"

Salar felt a swell of pride in his upbringing.

"Alright, as you wish," Jibreel nodded slightly.

"But where will you stay there?"

There was only one house in Pakistan, and that belongs to Humain; it was the same house where once upon a time Sikandar Usman used to live with his children. And after his death, Humain had bought that house. It was Humain's house, not Salar's, and  he would prefer to live in a rented flat instead of his brother's house. And Salar knew this very well, so he asked this question.

"I have plans to buy a house, but for now, I will rent a flat," Salar had now received answers to all his questions.

"I see," Salar said, taking a deep breath.

"Can I go now?" Jibreel asked Salar for permission.

"Yes, go," Salar smiled and said.

Jibreel also replied with a smile, then turned back towards the door to leave. After walking a few steps, Salar called him from behind. He turned his neck to see Salar standing there.

"Yes, Baba!" Jibreel responded to Salar's call.

"I am proud of you."

There was a proud smile on Salar's face. Salar's words brought a smile to Jibreel's face.

"Thank you," Jibreel said, nodding with a smiling face, then began to step outward again.

*********

Gramercy Park Hotel, located in New York City, is renowned for its splendid and artistic ambiance, which makes it a popular venue for weddings. There was a buzz of excitement everywhere. The wedding of Jibril Sikander was at its peak at the Gramercy Park Hotel.

It was an atmosphere fit for a prince's wedding. The wedding function was only today because it wasn't Pakistan that the whole neighborhood was aware of a month before the wedding.