Part 1

His eyes were opened at the call of Fajr. The room was immersed in darkness. Even after sleeping at three o'clock in the night, he got up for prayer. How can he not get up? All worldly affairs on one side and his relationship with his Lord on one side. Rubbing his sleepy eyes, he got up from the bed. Switched on the table lamp lying next to him, performed ablution and prayed. In the end, when he raised his hands to pray, his heart was empty.

"O Allah, my two sisters got married, My brother's marriage is in a few days. When will my number come?
I don't know how my spouse is living her life without me." He was praying when someone called him from behind.
"Hameen ..... Hameen ..... Ham" Salar stopped in the middle seeing him praying. Now he was waiting for him to finish praying.
"Yes Baba" He had prayed and now he was folding the prayer mat.
"Nothing special, just came to say that today Jibreel has to go to get his wedding suit, so go with him."
"Ok ! No issue.” He was sitting on the couch in front of Salar.
"I have to take your mummy for  shopping."
"Buy your sweet heart beautiful dresses." He was teasing his father. Salar looked at him with surprised eyes, then laughed at seeing his naughty smile.
Sometimes when Salar was talking to Hameen, it seemed as if he was talking to his reflection in a mirror. Sikandar Usman used to say that he was really a copy of his father.
"I am going, get ready and come for breakfast." he said and left Hameen's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting on the breakfast table, the Sikandar family was discussing Jibreel's wedding, which was in a few days.
"Mummy, how much work do you do" Hameen said to Imama.
"Yes, if I don't do it, you all will stay  hungry."
"That's why I say bring the daughter-in-law." Hameen told him the solution.
"Alhamdulillah! My daughter-in-law is coming in a few days.”
"One is coming, think about bringing the other."
Hameen's words also attracted Jibreel and Salar sitting at the table. Everyone was surprised.
"You are more worried about our daughter-in-law than we are."
This time Salar answered instead of Imama.
"Now see for yourself, Baba, how wrong it is that she is sitting in my in-laws' house and I am in her in-laws' house."
"Shut up and eat your breakfast." This time Jibreel also broke the silence.
"Ok," he replied, shrugging his shoulders.
"I have to do something myself," he murmured softly, but Salar, who was sitting next to him, heard his whisper. He felt Salar's eyes on his face and looked up to see that he was actually looking at him. Hameen looked at his plate again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Saadi I have said that you will come."
"Dude please try to understand
I can't come.” Hameen had called Saadi to invite him to Jibreel's wedding, but he was rejecting the invitation.
"Why?"
"Dude, There is some busyness."
"What type of busyness is this that is more important to you than your friend?"
"It's not like that."
"Anything like that, you must come and you have to bring Zumar Phupo and Faris Mamu too." Hameen invited more guests.
"Okay, well, I'll tell them."
"By the way, how is everyone?" Hameen asked Saadi about everyone's condition.
"All are well except Faris Mamu."
"Why what happened to him?" Hameen was curious.
"Zumar phupo is making him wash dishes." As Saadi speak both of them burst out laughing.
"Poor." Hameen said in a sad way.
"Don't laugh too much! May be your wife also make you wash dishes in future." Saadi had made a prediction, now what did they both know that this prediction of Saadi was going to be true.
"Dude let my wife come first, I think I will die single." Now this time Hameen forced Saadi to laugh.
"Hameen... tell me which suit to select." Jibreel called out Hameen from behind. The two brothers had come for shopping but now who told Jibreel that he has brought a very busy person with him.
"This one" Hameen came to Jibreel after cutting the call and said looking at the dinner suit he was holding in his right hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes all a person needs is a loved one, a cup of tea and good and bad memories of the past. The film of life where happiness, sorrows, good times, bad times, good people, bad people, memorable moments, painful moments are all there. Then we realize how far we have come.

The same was the case with Salar and Imama today. The two of them were sitting in the food court of the mall, holding a cup of tea in their hands and reminiscing about the good and bad moments of their lives.
"What's Next to Ecstasy?"
Salar remembered with a jolt. This was the question of Salar's life which he could not be forgotten even if he wanted to. How can he forget? This was the question that changed his life.

He remembered everything his failed suicide attempts, his past life where there was nothing but sins. Then he remembered Imama, the most beautiful part of his life, the precious earnings of life whose protection he considered dearer than his own life. I was remembering the agony, the agony of that time, making jaggery for Imama in front of the Kaaba, asking her in prayers. Then he remembered the reward that was given to him after nine years. Everything was playing like a movie in his mind.
"How much time has passed since our marriage, the children have grown up and now they are getting married."
Salar's train of thought was interrupted by Imama's voice.
"Yes, a lot has changed." Both were lost in thoughts.
"Imama"
"Yes"
"You know life is like a journey in which every man is a passenger. Everyone has to reach a destination and that destination is Allah. Every man has home during this journey. The home to which his heart belongs, the home to which his heart rests, and you are my home in this journey of life."
Some many years passed of their relationship, but every time Salar's expression of love gave Imama the same first time feeling. Imama did not know when her eyes got moist.
"Everything has changed except one thing," said Salar, seeing the moisture rising in Imama's eyes.
"What?"
"Your crying over small things." Imama smiled which in turn made Salar smile too. Salar stepped forward and took Imama's hand in his. It was a touch for Salar that had no substitute in the world.
"I love you."
Salar once again made her feel his love.
"Thank you" and as usual came the reply he had become accustomed to hearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The spiritual journey is freedom from fear and acceptance of love."
                              Marianne Williamson

Don't copy or translate. If you didn't like it then don't read but plz don't spread negativity. My humble request to all.