chapter 10

Hmmm how do I start this......

~mid pov~

I was talking to cube at our base. "I don't know cube. I'm just concerned for y/n. She's fallen hard for mapicc and I don't think I can get her away from him. It's also wrong for me to do that. But I don't know if I like her around mapicc, he's manipulative. He can't be trusted" I said, concern lacing my voice.

" I know mid. But I don't think there's any way to get her away from him" cube said, trying to calm me down. "You know how mapicc can be. I don't want him to influence her to much" I said and flopped down on the couch.

Cube opened his mouth to say something but couldn't cuz just then, the door opened and y/n walked in.she looked at me then at cube. When she saw cube, she looked surprised.
"I-I didn't know we were expecting guests..." She said quietly and hesitantly. Something was wrong and I knew it.

"What's wrong y/n?" I questioned getting up from the couch and hugging her. "You may wanna sit down for this...." She trailed off. I lead her over to the couch and we sat down. I looked to cube worriedly. "So what happened y/n?" Cube said getting up and sitting on the other side of y/n.

When cube sat down, she inched towards me. "She doesn't trust you cube, though to be fair, she's never met you..." I said. "Oh that's right! I'm sorry y/n! I'm mrcube but you can just call me cube" he said quickly, offering out a hand for her to shake. She hesitantly shook his hand and said "hi cube, I'm y/n...". She sounded like she'd just murdered my best friend and didn't tell me.

"What's wrong y/n?" I asked when she got more comfortable between me and cube. "It's just..... Ro asked me to join him and mapiccs team and live with them at their base...." She said quietly looking up at me. She had her head on my shoulder. "I mean, I want to. But I don't wanna leave you..." She trailed off.

My eyes widen a bit when she said that. I honestly thought she would've said yes right away. "If you really want to I suppose you could. But y/n, I don't trust mapicc. He's manipulative and-" y/n cut me off. "No he's not! Mapiccs actually really nice once you get to know him!" She said loudly then marched off to her room, slamming the door behind her.

"Well, that was not what I was expecting..." Cube said, shocked. "She usually doesnt do that. She must really be attached to mapicc" I said worriedly. "I thought you already knew that..." Cube said, turning to face me. "I mean yeah, but I didn't think it was this bad..." I said, looking at cube.

"Well, you could always talk to mapicc. I mean, you've got some really strong teammates" he said, turning back to where y/n had stormed outta the room. "I guess I could" I said thoughtfully.

~y/n pov~

I slammed my door behind me. I sat on my bed then I hit me. Everything I just said and did hit me smack in the face. 'why was I so protective over mapicc just now...' I thought as I felt like crying.  I could faintly hear mid and cube talking again but I didn't care. I wanted answers on why I just acted like I did.

"I'm gonna have to apologize to mid tomorrow..." I said to myself as I put my stuff away. I stood in front of my mirror and looked at myself. My pale blue wings looked quite dirty and a bit messed up. I reached over to them and ran a hand over my wings. Suddenly one of the scales fell to the floor.

I looked at my wing in shock then to the floor where the scale lay. 'so I shed my scales sometimes... We could probably make armor outta this!' I thought as I smiled. I set the scale down on my nightstand and started cleaning my wings.

I got a wet washcloth and wiped down my wings, knocking off a few loose scales. I went back through and got all the other loose scales off my wings and stretched them out. I looked at myself in my mirror again and looked at my wings. They looked a lot cleaner and nicer.

I then looked to the small pile of scales on my nightstand. 'ima have to start doing this more often...' I thought. Then I had an idea. 'what if I made mid a necklace or bracelet using a few of the smaller scales!' I thought as I picked up a scale and inspected it. It was a little too big to make something out of.

Then I looked at my tail. The scales on my tail are smaller and I could use those. I sat on my bed and did the same thing to my tail that I did to my wings. By the end, I had a small pile of small scales I could use to make a bracelet for mid.

I grabbed some string from one of my drawers and cut off a long enough string that would fit mid. Next I grabbed my dagger off my desk and started carving little holes in the scales. After I had carved all the holes, I started to thread the string through the scales.

I then melted the ends of the string and pressed them together. By the time I deemed it done, I heard the door close, signaling cubes leave. I quietly opened my door and walked into the living room of our base.

I saw mid sitting on the couch, looking at the floor. "Hey mid?" I questioned, sitting down next to her. She looked up with a questioning look. "I'm sorry for earlier and I made you something..." I said hesitantly. "It's fine y/n, and what'd you make?" She asked, curiously. I held out the bracelet of pale blue scales to her and she gasped.

"How'd you get your scales of your wings?! Did you hurt yourself?!" She said worriedly, looking at my wings. "No! No! I just learned that I shed the scales sometimes so I figured I'd make you something with them. So that if I do decide to move with Ro and Mapicc, you have a bit of me with you at all times!" I cheerfully explained my thinking.

"Oh how am I ever gonna repay you y/n!" She said hugging me. I hugged her back and said " you don't have to mid. You don't have to"

A/n

*Sigh* I loved this chapter. A little fight between best friends then they talk it out. I love when that happens. Now, the next chapter is gonna reveal a lot of things that mapicc has been hiding. So be expecting a surprising chapter. Anyways I'ma go now.
Bye my little dragonets!!!!! I love you all!!!!
Word count:1190