CHAPTER 1 | A Nightmarish First Encounter

"LIVING WITH VAMPIRES: UNDER THE VEIL OF NIGHT"
By: knightyoomyoui
Commissioned by: nchris00
Part: CHAPTER 1 : "A Nightmarish First Encounter"
Word Count: 5,879

"LIVING WITH VAMPIRES: UNDER THE VEIL OF NIGHT"By: knightyoomyouiCommissioned by: nchris00Part: CHAPTER 1 : "A Nightmarish First Encounter"Word Count: 5,879

2 YEARS AGO

I knocked at the house where there was an old man living in there that I used to help throwing the garbage every night. As he opened the door, he greeted me with a curious gaze as soon as he saw me standing in front of his doorway.

"Jeonghoon? What is it?"

"Uhh hey pops uhm... I was just wondering if you have some extra food left there?" It took some courage to ask that from him, since this is my first time begging from somebody straight into their home for some food to eat. Also, I just did this now from him because he only just know me as a hobo who helps people throw trash in their neighboorhood.

"I already ate the leftovers that I collected few days ago so... if you won't mind, can I-"

"You came at the right time, Jeonghoon. Ofcourse I will." He nodded understandably after cutting off my words. I didn't find it disrespectful at all now that he responded the same thing I was expecting for him to say to me.

He left me in his doorway to grab something from his kitchen. I heard some metal clanging and probably procelains, maybe grabbing something from the plates. I was curious but I remained in his doorway, without any intention to come inside and do something that would break his trust.

Because I will never do that. I may have know how it feels to lose something... but just because it happened worse to me that doesn't mean I have to make others feel what I felt.

It's painful, enough to have your life get destroyed in an instant.

Which is what I've been going through these days. Imagine I was having these things for me too until that person I thought would be the nicest one among everyone took it all away from me and didn't spare nothing.

I didn't noticed I was too occupied at my thoughts when pops here even had to pat my chest twice to steal my attention. "Hey, are you okay young guy? You must be spacing out."

"Oh u-uhm... I-I'm really sorry pops, I didn't heard what you said."

"No don't worry, I just called your name repeatedly and you can't hear me, so I checked up on you and I found you hear staring at nothing." The old man waves it off for me. I looked at his hands and he was carrying a tupperware of the food he cooked for dinner.

"I cooked too much that I wasn't able to finish it all, that's why I said that you came here at the right time because I feel a bit dismayed at leaving this extra for tomorrow." Pops said to me. He handed it to me and I accepted it.

"Do you want to eat here?"

"I would be honored, pops but I think i'm fine out there. I would like to grab some fresh air afterwards."