Chapter Three - A Clan Leader's Duties

The cold liquid was going down my throat, quenching my thirst for the fourth time today. The only difference? In the morning there was no mind blowing facts being thrown at my face.

"Come again?", I haven't even digested my mistake with the blood sharing ritual I had unwantedly made and there was already another issue being said.

"You'll be moving with them, Laura", my father seemed bothered by my dumbfounded reaction, but was it my fault when everything was changing so fast this night?!

It was already planned to have the recently changed twins moving somewhere else where they could adapt better during the transition.

As they are my, - and I still can't believe it- clans mates, I would have to go with them. It was reasonable but still not something I expected this morning.

I was still on the living room with my father, the twins had gone to their room to process what they discovered today and mom had gone to Vlad which had awoken hangry.

All while I was having a mental breakdown on the sofa.

"Dad, I'm not proud of this, but you know I've never travel without you all before, even worse to werewolves lands. And you're saying I'm to take care of them too?!" I whispered yelled, baring my uneasiness to him.

He had just mentioned the site where we're meant to go. And it was literally neighboring town of the werewolf king's pack.  

He was practically ordering me to leave tomorrow morning to some town deep in the fucking mountains, which was all the way in the other hemisphere, and who's next door to the biggest and strongest wolf pack ever, which might I add, has had incidents with the Strigoi Clan before.

..though I concede most of the clashes were the clans fault.

"The Alpha of the Moonlight Pack is a trustful man. He has ensure your protection and the assistance for the twins. A cabin has already been prepared, it will be just for you three so you can have your privacy." He was saying this all like he was explaining this to a child, which annoyed me.

"Yeah, a cabin near their borders. You know werewolves don't like us. And if they try anything funny,  I will defend myself."

Though the disputes between our kinds have quelmed considerably throughout the last centuries, it's still present. We might not go to wars anymore but we are not exactly friends either.

"Good. I won't expect less from you if anyone, werewolf or not, raises their hands against you. In fact, that ever happens and you call me." His protectiveness touched me but it still didn't change anything.

He looked at me, sighed, then approached me, sitting at my side and embracing me in a side hug. "Hija*, I understand this is all too sudden. We would have liked to make it easier on you. Really." His hands slid up and down my arms, he kissed my head and with a regretful gaze he voiced.

(Daughter)*

"But we don't have much time. From what they've explained to us, the children have 'till next full moon, exactly 6 days from now, to finish the change." He moved back a bit to look over me.

"They need to go somewhere more hidden, staying in the city where they are thought dead won't work. Just like us and our first hunt, a wolves first shift is a danger to anyone around. They may have not shown any signs yet, but the sooner they are in the pack lands the better."

"I know", the twins had a different scent already, they were changing, though physically unnoticeable.

Well, kind of. The fast healing from their injuries, did count as a sign.