7♡

A throaty groan escaped my lips as I propped myself up in bed. I palmed my dishevelled hair from my face and glanced at the clock on the bedside table.

1:17 pm.

A sigh pushed through my nostrils as I began to piece together parts of broken memories from the previous night. As details began to slowly slot together in disjointed fragments, I started to get a picture of what had happened last night.

However, even through the haze of fuzzy recollections, one memory in particular remained crystal clear.

I grunted as I let my head collapse into my palms. I was half tempted to scream into them just to release even a fraction of the frustration I was feeling. My pitiful shame spiral was only made worse by the splitting headache and nausea that mocked me for drinking too much.

My head spun slightly as I rolled out of bed, dragging my only half functioning body to the mirror. I scraped my hair back into a messy bun and glanced at myself. My lips were dry and cracked, and dark circles snaked around my eyes, it would have been an understatement to say I looked worse for wear.

My eyes quickly flicked down to my neck, and I gently ran a finger over the spot where Kai's lips had been last night. As images of Kai sucking on my delicate skin seized my mind, I thanked god that my hickey had healed within a few minutes.

Sometimes I really loved being a vampire.

With my mouth growing dryer by the minute, I pulled a large hoodie on and left the room on a quest to quench my thirst. When I stumbled out of my bedroom, my eyes crinkled as they struggled to readjust to the warm beams of sunlight that infiltrated the hallway through large windows.

The first thing my eyes found when I entered the kitchen was Kai. He was perched at the breakfast bar in his usual spot, wearing an oversized black sweatshirt, his hair messily tousled.

As he heard my footsteps drag into the room, he craned his neck to look at me, a small grin tracing his lips.

"Morning." He smirked.

"Shut up." I groaned, grabbing a bottle of water from the refrigerator, and taking desperate gulps from it. As I took a break from the water, I dragged my eyes back over to Kai. "I don't want to hear one word about it. Okay, Kai?" I warned. "It never happened."

He chuckled amusedly as he mimed locking his lips and throwing away the key.

However as usual, I wasn't able to enjoy the peaceful serenity of silence for long before Kai was yammering away again.

"Hey, I was thinking, you wanna get out of the house today?" Kai asked, boyishly slumped in his seat. "I'm getting serious cabin fever."

"Ugh." I sighed. "Does it have to be today? I'm horrendously hung over." I complained, before knitting my brows. "Which you somehow aren't."

"I don't get hang overs." He chirped smugly. "Well, if you don't want to do anything we could always you know, lie on the sofa together all day, you can continue inspecting my jeans -"

"No." I snapped. "Not a word Kai. I warned you."

He giggled amusedly, his blue eyes scanning my disapproving expression.

"Come on, I'm only kidding." He grinned, rising from the breakfast bar and over to me. He raised his hand and placed it lightly on my shoulder, crouching down so our eyes were level. "Let's go out. Please." He said sweetly, sticking his bottom lip out in an attempt to be cute.

I huffed, but figured it was better than him teasing me out of sheer boredom all day. "Fine." I grunted. "But only if you promise to behave."

His lips curved as dimples began to form in his cheeks. I was lost in his handsome features in that moment, absentmindedly lost in his eyes, remembering the way he looked at me with them last night. I was so distracted that I didn't notice his attempt to brush my baby hairs behind my ear until his hand was right in my face.