A sticky situation: Chapter 1

Toodles just wanted to help Minnie with the dishes while she made dinner. Everything was perfectly fine. That was until he got his hand stuck in a vase.
-------------------------------------------------------------

It was a bright and sunny day at the clubhouse, and Toodles was flying around trying to help people. The mouskedoer was getting an upgrade today, so the gang can't get ang mousketools. But he still wanted to help everyone. But in the end, there was no one in need of his help. He decided to go back to the clubhouse to take a rest. When he flew in, he saw Minnie. She was struggling to do the dishes and cook at the same time.

That gave him an idea. Maybe if he helped Minnie, then he'll have something to do. He flew over to her.

"Hiya, Minnie." He said cheerfully.

"Hi, Toodles. I'm just fixing up food for everyone."

"Hey, h-h-h-how about I do the dishes, a-a-and you finish up lunch."

"Really? Oh, thank you, Toodles. You're such a big help." She smiled.

"Toodles smiled from ear to ear. "Anytime, Minnie."

He flew to the sink and started to clean the dishes. He didn't mind doing them. He can daydream and sing a song in his head to distract himself, and the time will fly by. Once the dishwasher was full, he started to wash it by hand. He used his claw to grip and his hand to wash.

Everything was going smoothly until he got to a jar that was covered in something sticky. He wasn't bothered at all by it. He found it hard to get his hand in there, but he eventually got it in there. Once he made sure that everything was soft inside, he went to pull his hand out.

Nothing.

He tried to pull again.

Nothing.

No matter how he tried, his hand didn't come out. He decided to try and call the handy helpers to help.

"Handy Helper." A handy helper came out of the ground. "Could you h-h-help me get this of-f-f?" The handy helper gave a thumbs up and held onto the jar.

"On the c-c-c-count of three, p-p-pull as hard as you can." He said. The handy helper got a firm grip on the jar, and Toodles got into position as if he were going to fly away.

"One, t-t-t-two, three, pull!" The handy helper pulled while Toodles tried to fly out, but alas, he was still stuck.

"Thanks for t-t-trying, handy helper." The handy helper gave a thumbs up and then pointed to Minnie. Toodles understood what it meant.

"That's a great idea, thanks." The handy helper went back into the ground. "Uh, Minnie, c-c-can, I have some help, please?"

She turned around to see his back. "Sure, Toodles. What do you need help with?" She asked.

"I-I-I'm kind of in a sticky s-s-situation." He said, turning around to look at Minnie.

"Oh my! That is a sticky situation. Let me help you with that." She tried to pull as well, but it didn't come off. She got some soap and squirted some into the jar.

"That should get it out." She said confidently.

Minnie pulled, and Toodles tried to fly away, but that didn't work either.

"Hmm. Well, that didn't work. Let's try another way."

"But what about dinner, Minnie?" Toodles asked.

"Oh, we can sort that out later. All we need to focus on right now is getting your hand free. Let's go and find Mickey. He might be able to help." She said as she got ready to go.

Toodles instantly felt a weight inside of him. He was supposed to help Minnie, so she didn't have a lot to do. Now, she has to waste her time helping him. He put the thought at the back of his mind and followed Minnie out the door.

After a while, they were able to find Mickey along with Pluto. They walked up to them and greeted each other.

"Hiya Minnie, Hiya Toodles. Wait. Toodles, why do you have a jar on your hand?" He asked.

"That's why we came. Toodles got his hand stuck in a jar, and we're trying to find different ways to get it out." She answered.

"Ohh. Hmm, let's see. Did you try soap?"

"Yea. T-T-That didn't work either." Toodles said.

"Well, one time I got my hand stuck in a jar, and I used hand sanitiser to get it free. Maybe we could try that." Mickey suggested.

Pluto got some hand sanitiser out from the picnic basket they were using and gave it to Mickey. He then proceeded to squirt some onto Toodles' hand and some on the jar.

"One the count of three, try to pull your hand out, Toodles. One, two, three!"

They both pulled and pulled really hard, but the jar was still stuck with no sign of budging.

"Wow, that thing sure is stuck. I'm sorry, but I can't get it off."

"It's OK, Mickey. Thanks for t-t-trying."

"Maybe Donald might be able to help. He was able to get Goofy's foot free from a railing. You should ask him."

"We will. Thanks, Mickey." Minnie said as they both made their way to Donald.

For a couple of minutes, it was silent. Mo one talked. Toodles still had that weight inside of him, and now it's getting bigger. He's usually helping people, not the other way around. It made him feel weak that he wasn't able to help people, and he felt like this whole thing was his fault.He was lost in deep thought and didn't hear Minnie called out to him. It wasn't until the third time she called that it snapped him out of it.

"Toodles, are you OK. You seem a little out of it." She asked.

"S-S-Sorry, Minnie. I-I-I'm just a bit worried about the whole jug thing." He said, not telling her the full reason.

"Oh, I know this sort of thing can be a bit stressful, but we'll find a way to get you free. I promise." She said, holding the jar on his hand.

Toodles felt a small bit of the weight be lifted off of him. He knows that when  Minnie Mouse makes a promise, then it's a promise she'll fulfil. They proceeded to make their way to Mickey Lake. To try to find Donald, and possibly Goofy.