Ch. 4

"What the hell...?" A man's voice swore while I was sleeping. After hearing the voice, I opened my eyes to see myself curled in a ball on the ground near the door with the man hovering over me. In his hands were a tray with a small glass of water, a small bowl that was covered with a lid, and two sets of utensils.

I quickly stood up from the ground and gave him a bow of respect.

"No need for the bow. Just eat this." He handed me the tray with a straight face.

"Thank you so much... May I ask for your name?" My hands trembled as I held the tray.

"Dr. Kwon. I'm your assistant and doctor for the rest of your guys' stay. Of course, the Overseer will give me commands whenever he wants."

"Oh."

"Well, I'll leave you and Jongin alone. Have a nice lunch." He barely opened the door and squeezed himself through it, probably so I wouldn't try to escape.

I turned around and walked towards the bed Jongin was sleeping on, which was the opposite of the one I was sleeping on yesterday (?).

"Jongin, our lunch is here." I set the tray on the small stand in the middle of the beds and sat down next to him.

"Lunch? Are you serious?" He opened his eyes and looked at the tray.

"Yeah. Sit up, I'll feed you." I pulled the tray onto my lap and pulled the lid open.

Inside was ox bone soup, which is a delicacy even to rich people. Jongin's eyes went wide just seeing the soup, and I almost caught myself drooling.

"This soup is a delicacy... why give them to 'mental' people?" I whispered, taking one of the spoons from the tray and stirred the soup with it. Instead of replying to my questions, he sat up and placed a hand on my shoulder while I was stirring the soup.

I turned around to face him and asked him what he needed.

"Shouldn't I feed you since you're the one who's sick?" He grinned, making me feel a bit embarrassed.

"No, it's okay. You're the one who's laying in bed." I turned my focus back to the soup.

It turns out that they even bothered to heat up the soup for us, because when I tasted it, it was burning hot as the fire of hell.

I set down the spoon and started doing weird hand movements.

"H- HOT...!" My eyes started tearing up.

"Let me taste it. It can't be that hot." He picked up the clean spoon and set it into the soup. Before I could stop him, he had already set the soup into his mouth. One step too late, Soojung.

"PFFT-" He stopped himself from spitting the soup out and tipped his head back.

"I told you it was hot." I remarked and stirred the soup up some more.

After waiting a couple minutes for the soup to cool down, I picked Jongin's spoon up and dipped it into the soup. I took a sip of the soup and confirmed that it was cool enough to eat, I placed the spoon on his lips and tipped the spoon a little forward.

"It's actually really good." He complimented. I smiled and brought the spoon back down to the bowl and scooped some more soup into it. Doing the exact same steps, I brought the spoon up to his lips. Instead of the soup going all the way into his mouth, some of it ended up trickling down the sides of his lips.

"I'm so sorry. I'll wipe it for you." I apologized and looked for a napkin. But there was none, so I was left with no other choice but to wipe it with my fingers.

Bring my trembling hand up to his face, I slowly wiped away the excess soup away from the sides of his mouth with my thumb.

Before I could finish, he caught my wrist with his hand, which made me stare at him right in the eyes.

"Your touch makes me go crazy." He whispered, making my cheeks to rosy.

"I'm sorry... but I don't feel anything for you yet."

However, I was lying.

I do have feelings for him.