Prologue

You see, my life was once what every average teenage girl dreamed it to be. Perfect grades, the boyfriend of all time, the one you’re sure you will end up marrying. Or in other words your prince charming. 

My life was fun, I went to movies with friends, went to homecoming, prom, and all the amazing parties. One time in my life I was able to worry about 'normal' things, like what am I going to wear, when is my project due. One of my biggest regrets in my life was that I never appreciated what I had when I had it.

Some days, I sit in my favorite spot, under a cherry blossom tree, sitting in the shade on a beautiful spring day when the blossoms are just blooming, watching the petals float, caressed in the wind. Thinking, about simple things like my family, my sister, my mother and father. How are they? What are they doing? Or maybe do they even miss me? 

Half the time I know I am being ridiculous, saying softly to myself, "Of course they do!" but others I am never able to really convince myself and then I drift off, and sit under my tree for hours watching the sun set until he comes to take me home. 

You see, I don't live in society. Well, at least not anymore. I don't have anything anymore, it was all taken away. Just let me tell you something, never take what you have for granted, enjoy everything you have even if its not a lot, because you will never know how much you will miss it until you don't have it anymore and by that time its to late. 

My name is Cassandra Sliche, and this is my story