01

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, dear Nicki!"

Mom and Dad cheered as five-year-old Nicki blew out the five candles on her birthday cake. Her smile showed as she enjoyed a happy moment with her mom and dad.

Trinidad was paradise to Nicki. She enjoyed life with her parents, had a few friends that she met from school, and had everything a little girl could ask for.

Her father used to call her Peacock. He always said that she was beautiful and had a color personality. Nicki always felt protected by her father. Whenever she was hurt or sad, her father was always there to cheer her up and put a smile on her face.

Her mom was her best friend. She always played with Nicki and spoiled her way too much. Nicki always said that her mom was a superhero. She saw how brave her mom was, as if she wasn't afraid of anything.

"Happy birthday, my little peacock," Nicki's father said as he grabbed a tiny piece of ice from the cake and planted it on her nose. Nicki's tiny giggles filled the room as she looked up at her dad.

Her mom rushes into the bedroom, which the three share, and then comes out with a toy car as a gift for Nicki.

Nicki cheers excitedly as she jumps from her chair and heads straight to her mother. "Is that for me, Mommy?"

"Of course, baby girl. Happy birthday!" Her mother puts the car down and puts Nicki in it.

Her dad gets up from his seat and walks over to the two girls while he and her mom watch Nicki happily over her birthday gift.

The two saved a fortune to buy this for her. Nicki wanted this as a gift for her last birthday, but the two parents couldn't afford it, so they promised her she would get it for her next birthday.

"Thank you, Mommy!" Nicki looked up at her parents with joy in her eyes. The two looked down at their beloved daughter, blessed to see her happy.

Unfortunately for them, happiness does come to an end

Nicki's father suddenly looks out the window of their house and sees a woman standing outside. She wears a mask covering half her face, showing hazel eyes.

Nicki's mom immediately noticed her husband's face dropping before looking at the window, seeing the woman and immediately frowning.

In panic mode, her mom bends down and looks at Nicki. "Hey baby, Mommy needs you to hide in the bedroom, okay? Do not come out or peek out the door until I tell you so, okay?"

"Okay, mommy," Nicki spoke. Her mom immediately placed her into the room and closed the door.

Nicki stood in front of the door, unsure what was happening. She listened to her mother and didn't open or peek through the door.