𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝒍 𝒂 𝒏 𝒕 𝒆 𝒓 𝒏

"Man, this place is even cooler than I thought!" Jaime marveled as you all walked around the ship

"I can't work like this," Guy groaned.

"Anyone know where the bathroom is?" Ice asked.

"I can see my house from up here," Booster smiled as he looked out the window.

'God, I can feel a headache coming already.'

You, Guy, and a few other heroes were invited to the Watchtower by Batman in order to make you all part of a team.

Whatever that meant...

"Welcome. I'd like to thank you all for agreeing to be part of what surely promises—" "Hey, Bats, is there a reason it's so stinkin hot in here?" Guy interrupted, bluntly, pulling at his collar.

"Oh, I think I know the reason," Booster smirked, glancing at you and the girls.

You were standing with Fire and Ice, all equally uncomfortable as he smoothed out his eyebrows, strutting up to you.

"Hello, ladies. I don't believe we met," he smirked.

"Yes, we have, Booster," you rolled your eyes, crossing your arms over your chest.

"The name's Gold. And you can bet I'm as precious as the metal," he grinned, Skeets shining a spotlight and blowing wind through the man's blonde hair.

Turning to the girls, you stuck out your tongue, miming a barf gesture and earning a few snickers.

"We are fire and ice. A volatile combination," Fire stated, making a green flame in her hands.

"Like my mother's peanut butter and sardine smoothies," Ice smiled, making snow.

"Yes... um... as Batman was saying... we have brought you all here... mother of pearl! It's hot in here!" Aquaman exclaimed, dabbing himself with a handkerchief.

"Yes, yes, the heat. I know," Martian Manhunter sighed as he flew up from the floor.

"This is Martian Manhunter, our strategist," Batman introduced, ushering you all into what looked like a War Room.

    "Now, let's get down to business. Two weeks ago, I sent The Question on a mission to uncover information on a possibly imminent Earth invasion. He hasn't been heard from since," Batman started, the rest of you sitting down while he pulled up the information on a screen.

"Invasion? From where?" you asked, raising a brow.

"Apokolips," Batman answered.

"Home of the Parthenon," Ice chimed with a smile.

"No. A distant world enslaved by the most evil beings in the known universe," you corrected.

"The Greeks!" she gasped.