𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝒍 𝒂 𝒏 𝒕 𝒆 𝒓 𝒏

'Why are we doing this again?'

You and Guy watched as Captain Marvel and Captain Atom hung up the sign to welcome the Justice Society.

They were coming for a little gathering so you all could get to know each other, though the reason you weren't really sure of.

And J'onn was, for the first time you'd ever seen, anxious.

"Why, Martian Manhunter, you look as nervous as a hermit crab," Aquaman bellowed, patting J'onn on the back.

"Nonsense. It's just important that we make a good impression," the martian replied, looking down at his cookie box.

"Having a mixer is a great idea," Captain Marvel assured, landing next to him.

"Who cares about what a bunch of fossils have to say?" Guy scoffed, resting his hands behind his head.

"Guy!" you whispered, giving him a rough nudge.

"What?" he asked, confused.

Sometimes he was really as thick as a brick.

You loved him for it, though.

'Wait... love?!'

"Are you kidding?!" Jaime exclaimed, disbelieving. "The Justice Society of America are legends! Just think of all the wisdom they can pass down from their years of—" "Boring," Guy rolled his eyes.

"There is no helping you," you sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose.

"Oh, look. The teleporter is activating," Tora pointed out.

"Impossible! They're not due to arrive for another twenty minutes. And Batman isn't here. This whole thing was his idea," J'onn panicked, taking a cookie from his box, getting ready to stress eat.

"Relax, my friend. Just go with the flow," Aquaman assured, snatching the cookie and the cookie box out of his hands. "And no more cookies. You know what they do to you."

Moving to stand in front of the teleportation platforms, you all watched as the legendary heroes appeared.

Or rather, watched as all the "legendary" men appeared.

'There wasn't a single female superhero in their time?'

"Gentlemen, I'm J'onn J'onzz. Welcome to Justice League International headquarters," J'onn greeted with a smile.

"Justice League International?" Jay Garrick, the previous Flash, whispered, turning to the others. "You said it was the other Justice League. The good one."

"I must have read the invitation wrong," one of the heroes shrugged.

"Does that mean Superman won't be here? 'Cause Superman's the only reason I came," another one chimed.