𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝒍 𝒂 𝒏 𝒕 𝒆 𝒓 𝒏

'Ugh... all these ideas are so corny...'

You, Guy, Booster, Jaime, Tora, and Beatriz were all relaxing in the War Room, once again waiting for a mission.

You were reading a magazine, Tora and Beatriz were talking, Booster and Jaime were playing that Starships—again—and Guy had his feet propped up on the table.

Though in your case, you weren't exactly browsing for fashion inspiration, but rather skimming the relationship advice column for tips on confessing to Guy.

Sadly, most of their ideas were either weird, expensive, or entirely cliche.

"Whatcha readin', Peaches?" Guy asked with a smile, sliding closer to glance over your shoulder.

"Nothing!" you exclaimed, ripping and throwing out the page in a panic, tossing it over your shoulder.

"That reaction shows it was definitely not nothing," Booster smirked, egging on the redhead.

"She was probably reading her horoscope or something," Jaime shrugged, intently staring at his game pieces.

"Yes! That!" you quickly agreed.

'God, (y/n), get a hold of yourself!'

Just then, a siren began blaring throughout the ship, stealing away everyone's attention.

"Oh, thank God," you muttered under your breath, though Guy still eyed you with a suspicious look.

    "Should we be looking at this without Aquaman and Martian Manhunter? If it's a Trouble Alert emergency, shouldn't we wait for them?" Beatriz asked as the others approached the monitor.

"That's gonna be a problem since they are the Trouble Alert, along with every superhero in the world," you stated, seriously, as you pulled up footage of the heroes being taken away in chains.

Particularly high-tech chains.

Tech that you recognized almost instantly.

"The Gurutanians!" You and Guy exclaimed in unison, turning to each other.

"The Guru-tomato-whos?" Booster asked, raising a brow.

"Gurutanians," you corrected, "A race of alien conquerors. Guy and I stopped their bait ship from reaching Earth a while ago, but they must've brought their whole fleet this time."

"And if they got through, then something must've gone down on Oa," Guy added, brows furrowed.

"Look! They got almost the entire Green Lantern Corps," Jaime exclaimed, your eyes widening as you watched G'nort, Kilowog, Katma, and a great number of others get carted off in real time.