Chapter 15: Forever and Always

As they swayed gently to the fading notes of the song, Martina's eyes closed, her head resting on Mikee's shoulder. Avi wrapped her arms around them both, feeling the completeness of their little family. No matter what the DNA test said, this moment was theirs, and nothing could take that away.

"Mahal, wag ka masyadong kabahan. Kung ako lang masusunod, ayaw ko na yang DNA test na 'yan kasi ikaw naman talaga ang dada ni Martina," Avi said, her voice steady as she reached over to squeeze Mikee's hand.

"Iba pa rin pag ako talaga. Nung una pa lang kinakabahan na 'ko na baka siya eh," Mikee replied, her eyes fixed on the road ahead, gripping the steering wheel a little too tightly.

They arrived at the restaurant, and as soon as they got out of the car, Avi clung to Mikee, their steps synchronized as they approached Leonard. Avi scrutinized his face, trying to recall any familiar features, but he looked different—broader, more imposing—than the man from her hazy memory.

Settling into their seats, Mikee's anxiety was palpable. She didn't even glance at the menu, her sole focus on getting answers from Leonard. Her brows knitted together in a deep frown.

"Una sa lahat, paano mo nalaman yung tungkol kay Martina?" Mikee asked, her voice edged with tension.

"During Stella's party. I saw Margot again, and Stella mentioned her having a kid. I asked more, and the age matched that night something happened to us," Leo explained calmly.

"Margot?" Avi murmured, the name triggering a flash of memory. It was the alias she had given that night. Mikee, sensing her distress, squeezed her hand in silent support.

"Anong balak mong mangyari kung ikaw man ang dad ni Marti?" Mikee pressed, her voice hardening as she sensed Avi's unease.

"I want my daughter. Kukunin ko siya," Leo declared, his tone leaving no room for negotiation.

"Hindi pwede 'yun!" Avi shouted, her voice slicing through the restaurant's chatter, drawing the eyes of curious onlookers. "Hindi pwede 'yun, or I will destroy you. I have all the money and I can make your life miserable."

Leonard hesitated, visibly swallowing as he absorbed Avi's fierce threat.

"Ipaglalaban ko ang anak ko. I already lost six years. Gusto ko lang siyang makasama," Leo responded, his tone softening, almost pleading.

"We can set a schedule if ever. Please, cous. Mahihirapan ung bata," Mikee said, desperation creeping into her voice.

"I'll think about it. Let's have the DNA test tomorrow," Leo said, standing abruptly and leaving the table, his departure heavy with unresolved tension.

Avi and Mikee sat in stunned silence, the reality of Leonard's claim sinking in. The restaurant's ambient noise faded into the background as Avi leaned closer, her eyes brimming with determination.

As they held each other tightly, the weight of the impending DNA test hung over them, a looming shadow.

"Jasmine, Dianne, ayoko na. I'm scared. Hayaan na natin silang maging masaya," Leonard said, sliding into his car where Jasmine and Dianne were waiting.

"Malaking pera pwede nating makuha," Dianne countered, her eyes gleaming with greed.

"Pero hindi niyo alam kung ano ang kaya niyang gawin," Leo said, glancing nervously at the two women. "She can and will destroy us."

"Edi kunin mo loob niya," Jasmine suggested, a sly smile playing on her lips. "Make her fall for you."

"Anong laban ko kay Mikee? Eh daks yun. Tsaka she's not my type," Leo said, letting out a chuckle, though his eyes remained filled with uncertainty.