Chapter 9: Mini Me ⚠️

"Hindi ko pinapaasa si Martina. Seryoso ako."

Sarah asked her sister if her friends could have a sleepover in her penthouse. Of course, Avi agreed, especially since Mikee would be there. Mikee and Collins arrived at the penthouse first, the lights twinkling through the expansive windows as they entered the luxurious space. Collins was determined to charm Martina, who was engrossed in her coloring book on the floor.

"Hi, Martina! How are you?" Collins asked, her voice bright and cheerful.

"Good," Martina replied, not looking up from her drawing.

"Do you want something? Snacks?"

"No," Martina answered simply, her focus still on her masterpiece.

Martina sat close to Mikee, who was lounging on the couch, while Collins took a seat across from them. Avi soon joined them, carrying a tray of snacks and drinks.

"Avi, itong anak mo parang si Mikee, tipid magsalita," Collins observed, shaking her head in amusement.

Avi chuckled, setting the tray down. "Kay Mikee lang 'yan madaldal."

"Pa-DNA test mo na kaya sila," Collins quipped, causing Avi and Mikee to burst into laughter.

Mikee was scrolling through her phone while Martina played on her iPad after finishing her drawing, both of them sitting with one leg crossed over the other, mirroring each other perfectly. Collins couldn't help but notice the uncanny resemblance and mannerisms they shared. Mikee ran her fingers through her hair, and Martina instinctively did the same.

"Grabe, sobrang magkamukha at magkatulad niyo," Collins said in amazement, shaking her head.

"Of course," Martina replied, rolling her eyes dramatically.

Mikee chuckled, reaching over to tousle Martina's hair affectionately.

"Hindi na kailangan ng DNA. Sure na sure anak mo 'yan," Collins declared with a grin.

"Ewan ko sa 'yo," Mikee said, waving her hand dismissively.

"Basta sure ako. Tignan mo nga, pati kilos niyo parehas," Collins insisted, leaning back and crossing her arms.

Avi watched the two, unable to suppress a smile. It was undeniable—Martina was indeed Mikee's Mini-Me in every way.

"Martina, do you wanna ano color your hair ano... color red. Hirap mag-English ah," Collins said, scratching her head in mock frustration.

"Sure, sure. Whatever," Martina responded nonchalantly, her eyes still glued to her screen.

"Mikee! Anak mo talaga siya! Miracle siguro pero confirmed!" Collins exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air.

Avi sat beside Mikee, who wrapped her arm around Avi's waist, pulling her close.

Gia, Stella, and Sarah made their entrance, bringing an even livelier atmosphere to the cozy living room.

"Mga bading!" Sarah shouted with a grin.

"Di ako bading ah," Stella protested, rolling her eyes.

"What's bading?" Martina asked curiously, looking up from her ipad.

"Oh, explain mo nga, Cols," Gia said, nudging Collins playfully.

"Martina, bata ka pa. Wag ka muna masyado matanong," Collins said, making everyone laugh.

"Dada, let's go to my room. I don't like it here. My ears are hurting because tata Sarah has a loud voice," Martina said sweetly.