Chapter 29: Choosing You

As the press conference continued, Mikee's response lingered in the air, leaving both the audience and her friends to wonder about the deeper story behind her confession.

Jane knew Mikee was still in love with Avi. She was happy because she wanted the best for them and, most importantly, for Martina.

Pero bakit may kirot? Jane thought to herself.

Jane needed to go to the bathroom and left the area while her friends were still entertaining the reporters. She messaged them that she would meet them afterward.

Mikee looked at Jane again, who was smiling, but her eyes told a different story. She saw Jane leaving and then noticed the message from her. Mikee then looked at Avi. She couldn't understand her reaction, but just like Jane, Avi also turned around and started walking away.

"Wait lang, nasusuka ako," Avi said and hurried towards the nearest bathroom.

Jane stepped out of the cubicle and saw Avi.

"Avi? Okay ka lang?" Jane asked, looking concerned and stroking Avi's back.

"Teacher Jane," Avi mumbled before continuing to throw up.

"May nakain ka ba?" Jane asked again.

"Wala naman. Morning sickness lang," Avi said, then realized what she had just said, her eyes widening.

"B-buntis ka?!" Jane exclaimed. "Omg! Congrats!"

"Ahm oo, sasabihin ko palang kasi kay Mikee eh. Okay lang ba na atin muna 'to?" Avi said.

"Oo naman, Avi."

The presscon had already ended, and Marie and Johan walked toward their friends. Mikee was looking for someone, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Nasaan si—" Mikee cut herself off as she saw Jane and Avi walking towards them.

"Saan kayo galing?" Mikee asked, looking at Jane and Avi.

"Sa CR lang," Jane answered.

"Ahh, kala ko umalis na kayo eh. Kakain pa tayo," Mikee said. "Avi, may sasabihin ka 'di ba?"

Avi hesitated after hearing what Mikee had said during the presscon.

"Mamaya nalang after natin kumain," Avi said.

Marie and Johan looked at each other. Then Marie pulled Collins to the side.

"Ano ba ung sagot ni Mikee kanina?! Kanino siya in love?!" Marie whispered fiercely.

"Nagulat nga rin ako, ga. Bakit parang galit ka sa 'kin?" Collins said, pouting.

"Eh ung kaibigan niyo babaero," Marie said, looking annoyed.

"Huy! Kaibigan mo na rin yun! Tsaka si Avi lang minahal niyan 'no. Never nga yan pumatol sa dami ng lumandi sa kanya," Collins said, defending her friend.

"Siguraduhin niya lang!" Marie exclaimed.

"Let's go?" Mikee asked the group, then placed her hand over Jane's shoulder. Avi looked away and started walking.

The group headed to the restaurant where a VIP area was reserved for them.

"Uy! Mukhang masarap ah!" Mikee exclaimed.

"Bat parang ang saya mo today?" Gia asked.

"Dapat ba malungkot ako?" Mikee shot back.

"Oo nga naman. Hayaan na natin at in love nga raw ung tao," Collins said.