Chapter 3: Ashton

I wake up from the worst headache. I had to go for a run last night as my wolf was scratching at me, and he has got worse lately, demanding that I go and find her. "Her" is someone I dream about and I have no idea who she really is. I barely even see her face; I only feel her emotions. 

I have the busiest day today as I have to prepare for a huge meet and greet with some investors to expand our whiskey and gin business to be distributed around the US and beyond. I am the first of my generation to finally create profitable income for my pack, making us the wealthiest pack in the state, or maybe the country. I haven't encountered any pack bigger except the Phoenix pack, and that is only because of forced takeovers and threats. My strategy has always been business. Invest in businesses with environmental and renewal resources, import into the big cities, and our new enterprise is our whiskey and gin business which is another avenue that will make the pack profitable for a long time. All I have to do is make sure that the profits will always come back to the pack. 

The advantage we have out here is that we have clean water, plenty of trees and a lot of space to create any plants or warehouses that we need. We have also started looking into trading and stocks which is why we need the whiskey and gin company to take off so we can list it on the stock exchange. 

Tobias was one of my mentors who started this idea, and now I am finishing it for him. He was like a brother to me and taught me a lot about business. He was Beta to my father when my father was Alpha. But after he died 29 years ago, everyone was hesitant to even continue on his mission, worried his disappearance had to do with the changes that were happening to our pack. But he had a point: we needed to survive and we couldn't get by on handouts and estates with no wills. We needed to become the empire that we should be. So, this is why I do this; this is why I risk everything and gain so much. But with these efforts becomes a promise. I have made so much money for our pack and I could afford to build all their homes, pay for any hospital bills, and even build a school for our younglings. We have become the perfect pack for sustainability, and all because he had a dream and got some capital and the entire north forest from his mate who went missing not long after Tobias did. Nobody knew where they went, and we spent years looking for them and came up with nothing. She was carrying Tobias's pup, and we wanted to protect her, but she couldn't be found. 

This is not the first time I dreamed about her. About eight weeks ago I dreamed that she was crying and in pain, and then again about one year ago when she was with someone of the romantic kind and I woke up so angry that I ended up sleeping with one of the waitresses here, Lexi, when she walked in the morning after I woke up from the dream. Sleeping with her didn't help. I still felt empty. I have regretted it ever since especially because I have to see her every day. I also don't like to go down that path with any of the pack members; it gives them hope that they will be my Luna.     L    Lexi is also part of the band of pack members that is training to be Luna and perfect for any Alpha to choose. It is one of the few traditional strategies that I couldn't get rid of. I was fighting for something more, and I try to stay out of these pack traditions. I tend to stick to the human kind with my conquests, either the tourists or in another town. No ties. But since I saw her in pain 8 weeks ago, I haven't been able to be with anyone, I think it affected me more than I thought. 

Today is fucking important; we have been working on this meeting with the New York investors for over two years. I told them they needed to come here this time. I hate New York. Something about that city annoys me. I always get there with excitement but then my wolf scratches at me so badly that I have to hide my annoyed face for most of the meetings. So, they are coming here today, and it makes sense so that I can show them what we have done here at the bar and the distillery. 

The plan is to move the whiskey and gin distillery to New York, open the same bar that we have here in Woodville Springs, and then distribute nationally and then internationally. Our bar is moon-themed but also a traditional bar with great pub food and the perfect setting to relax. It was Spencer's idea to make it moon-themed. He is the perfect Beta; he just needs to grow up a bit and start to take on more responsibilities with the businesses. At the moment he is more focused on which pussy to have tonight, and human pussy, for that matter. He tells me that human pussy is the best, knowing that he can show them what a human should be like in the bedroom and that he is doing something for mankind by teaching these women what they like. Again, he needs to grow up and then he will be the perfect Beta. 

Speaking of the pussy man himself: "Boss, those New York guys are here, they are just walking around the pub – everyone is on their best behavior, even Nora." He winks and smiles as he waits at the door.

"Thanks, Spence, can you please get Nora to get themed cocktails out and tell Ryder that I want them to get the food ready for noon?" He leaves nodding his head.

Nora is Spencer's sister and a real pain in my ass. Growing up together, she could hold her own, but she also likes to remind me of all the things I do wrong in life and could do better. When I gave her a job here, I was doing it because she was like family to me, but it has since turned into her watching my every move and ensuring that my moods are kept in check. 

I open up my emails and check them before I get up, and that is when I see it. 

Hi, Mr. Myers,

I hope you are well. 

My name is Eden Beecroft, and I am coming to your town in a few days and would love to have a meeting with you to discuss some personal family matters that I have come to know of recently. My mother has asked that I speak with you. 

I will be in your town on April 13th. If you could make some time, that would be appreciated. If I don't hear from you, I will just come by your bar and ask for you there. 

You can also call me on 5555 6575. 

Thanks again, 

Eden 

Pushy thing. Seeing her name 'Eden' brings back so many memories of Tobias. I don't have time for this. I have to get this proposal done and meeting out of the way. This email is the least of my worries.