Chapter 25

- Hey.. Alex, come on, wake up.

You hear Jessy saying it softly while she is playing with your hair.

- Come on, baby, we have to buy you a phone.

- Why do I need a phone again? You are right here, no need for a phone.

You mumble in your sleep.

- Oh, so you want to your mother to become friends with Alan?

You open your eyes and yeah, she does have a point. You look at her and she is so pretty, laying there her hand on your chest looking at you, but her eyes are still so so tired. So you give her a kiss on the forehead.

- Come on, I'll make coffee.

She stands up and goes in the kitchen. And you decide right there and then that you will fix everything with your family as fast as possible and then come back to her.

----

Two hours later you are in the car and Jessy it's driving you back to her place. The options are limited in little Duskwood when it comes to phones so you decide to get a cheaper one for the time being and also get a new number, you want to belive everything its fine, but they still have your phone and your number, so maybe a fresh start will be better.

It's funny, in a twisted way, you left the noisy city for a quiet town but somehow it's more dangerous here.

You look at your new phone with only two contacts, Jessy's and your mom.

- Uhm, this is weird, but i don't have anyone's contact anymore so, I was just wondering, are they ok? Its Hannah ok?

You see Jessy lifting her hands in the air and dropping them back on the steering wheel.

- Yeah, they are all fantastic!

- It's everything ok?

- No, nothing its ok, i don't know how they are, because, to be honest, we fought. Yeah, sure, Hannah came back safe and sound and everyone was so happy for her but they forgot what YOU had to do. So yeah i don't fucking know how everything is and frankly i don't give a shit.

You see her start raising her voice and continues to ramble.

- You know how fucked up it is? To watch that, to see Thomas SOO HAPPY AND WITH TEARS IN HIS EYES that his girlfriend its safe and sound, after like what an hour??? While MY GIRLFRIEND TOOK HER PLACE AND GOD KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HER??

You want to smile at the word girlfriend but you know this is not the moment  and you think if she sees you smiling she will slap you again.

- AND AND, dont get me started on that bitch, Lilly, her Sister its safe, her BROTHER its safe, lets play happy family, yuhuuu. Listen, if you want to talk to them fine, you clearly always been mental from what I managed to gater, but I'm going to tell you ONE THING, they would not have done the same thing for you.

-I know.

-What? What do you mean you know?

- Jessy, I.. I did it for Jake and please don't take it the wrong way, its really not like that, but I know Jake would do the same thing for me. But yes, i know the others wouldn't, I'm not dumb ok?

- OK, one more thing i have to say, I can't tell you want to do, even if I do tell you, you ignore me, but if you want to talk to them, hang up, party, have fucking gangbangs with them, I don't care, as long as I'm not there.

- GANGBANGS?!?

- Whatever ALEXANDRA.

---

When its time to leave for the airport you gather some stuff and put them in your backpack, you don't get everything with you. You know she is worried you might not come back and if the situation was different you would have took her with you, but for now you have to clear things with your family first. So you leave a lot of your stuff at her place, as a sort of reassurance for her, that you will come back. You leave your laptop, clothes, toothbrush, stuff that will remind her that you are not gone for good.