dbp.🖤 077

Somewhere in Los Angeles

Praia stopped by Chick-fil-a on the way to NaNa's, getting enough for all four of them and Monty as well for when he woke up.

Praia was still on the phone, connecting it to Aux  when she got a call, intercepting the facetime call.

NaNa was on her couch, wiping her tears out of the camera frame, Tiari was pulling up to NaNa's house, and Lina was driving, still 7 minutes away.

She really didn't want to cry on the phone, she felt like she was making everything worse.

"It's okay, boo, I'm on my way in." Tiari told her, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"I'm on my way, Jorie, I love you, baby." Lina consoled her cousin. She knew this was a lot and she wanted to be there for her as much as she could. NaNa wasn't good in high-stress situations when they involved her directly, and lately, she was finding her way into those pretty often.

"Breathe, NaNa, it's okay, love." She was about twenty minutes from NaNa's house and her phone was ringing.

"Hold on, baby, one second, lemme see who this is." Praia told her, switching over.

"This is a prepaid call from.." the automated female voice spoke again.

"Wassammmm sisterrr!" She heard Khi's voice through the phone, immediately bringing a smile to face as she accepted the charges.

"An inmate from the Los Angeles County correctional facility." The voice continued. "All phone calls are subject to recording and monitoring. To decline this call, press 9 now and to accept this call, press 1 now."

She pressed 1 easily.

"Thank you. Your call has been accepted."

"Khi?" Praia asked.

"Hell yeah! Soooo...why I'm in the pod and I'm hearing you on live talking 'bout parking bitches?" Khi messy ass asked.

"You heard about that? That was like a few hours ago." She spoke confused, adding NaNa, Lina, and Tiari into the call.

"Hello?" Tiari spoke first.

"Wassam sisterrrss, hand me the tea." He attempted to copy their lingo.

"You mean spill it?" NaNa asked, laughing tearfully. "And you first, how is everyone?"

"Maj calling his mom and she gon' add you when he get his call. Milli and Rico in another pod 'cuz Milli mysterious ass somehow undid his cuffs and socked ona nigga, and Rico had to help him when another nigga jumped in. They probably going back to solitary for a week, I don't know."

"Me and Wando chillin' in our pod, we already got our fades out the way. Zyaire about to get his fades out when he get out of solitary and I think he going to the other pod, but Bumble most likely going wit' him so he straight, I think. Bandit in here wit' us." He gasped for air. "Okay, your turn. Catch me upppp!" He dragged dramatically. He rushed his explanation, immediately asking for their explanation.

"Bink made a live with her homegirl and was tryna ball on Praia, so I joined and cussed her out, then she started making fun of Maj and saying I wasn't ever gon' get my nigga back and allat shit." NaNa explained quickly.

"She was talking all kinds of crazy, til Praia joined and got her ass straight. They kept tryna tag team on NaNa too, but she was hurting Bink feelings." Lina explained, chuckling a little, recalling the shock on Bink's face while NaNa was cussing her out.

"Praia got her straight?" Khi asked like he didn't already hear about it. "What you say?"

"Well, she spoke on Monty, so... you know. And she was lying, saying I called the cops on y'all, but at the same time saying I was mute." Praia continued her drive shaking her head. "I just basically told her I was gon' get up with her, that's it."