twenty two.

Nysania Noelle Jackson

My phone buzzes nonstop as I wake up to Ella and Kayla's persistent calls and texts

"Nysania, wake up! We need to go to the mall now to pick out your outfit for Von's party!"

"Girl, get up! We can't decide on what to get you without your input"

"Come on, Nysania! We need your fashion expertise"

I chuckle and rub the sleep from my eyes. Those two are always so extra. But I know they're right, I do need to get an outfit for the party. And I trust their judgment - they always know how to make me look good.

"Alright alright, I'm up!" I text back. "Let's get this fashion show on the road"

As we head to the mall, I can't help but think about how Von always calls me "ma" or "nyny". It's sweet how he's always so affectionate and respectful. And now, his birthday party is just a day away... I can't wait to see his face light up when he walks into the surprise party.

-

After shopping..

I smile as I gaze at my reflection in the mirror. The outfit Ella and Kayla helped me pick out is perfection! The white crop top accentuates my curves and the long green skirt flows elegantly around my legs. The heels add a touch of sophistication and glamour. I feel confident and stylish, ready to take on Von's birthday party in style.

"Yaaas, Nysania! You're slaying this look!" Ella exclaims.

Kayla nods in agreement. "You look stunning, Nysania! Von won't be able to take his eyes off you!"

I blush at their compliments, feeling grateful for my friends' support and fashion expertise. Now, let's get ready to celebrate Von's special day in style!

I told them I already ordered the cake.

Ella and Kayla's eyes widen in surprise. "No way! You already got the cake? That's amazing!" Ella exclaims.

Kayla's eyes light up. "And it's got a picture of Von on it? That's so cool! I can't wait to see his face when he sees it."

I smile, feeling proud of myself for getting everything ready. "Yeah, I wanted to make sure it was extra special for him. And the 'Happy Birthday Grandson' at the bottom is the perfect touch."

Ella and Kayla both nod in agreement. "That's so sweet, Nysania! Von is going to love it," Ella says.

We all start imagining Von's reaction when he sees the cake, and we can't help but laugh at the thought of his excited expression. This party is going to be one for the books.

"Alright girls, I'll catch you later! I have to go get my hair done for the party tonight," I say, giving Ella and Kayla a quick hug before heading out.

"Bye, Nysania! Your hair is going to look amazing, I can't wait to see it!" Ella calls out as I walk away.

I arrive at the hair salon and show my stylist the inspiration picture I brought. "I want long braids with curls, just like this," I explain.