fourteen.

Nysania Noelle Jackson

"Ny, you don't understand how happy I am

"Ny, you don't understand how happy I am." Shae said, "I love god, but church be so long."

"You know I feel you Shae, but I always think of it as it'll be over soon. I mean hey, I enjoy it." Nysania said, double tapping on her screen to check the time. Shae scoffed, "well, i'm glad you enjoy all 4 hours of it."  Shae chuckled, walking down the aisle of the seats, stopping everytime she waited for someone to walk up, and out of the church.

Shae bit on her inner cheek, looking around the nicely modern church, wondering what she was going to do, and eat today.

"What you doing today?" Shae asked, they walked down the walkway side by side, going out of the door.

"I don't have plans, just the usual." I replied with a chuckle, tucking my phone into my purse. "Maybe grab some lunch at the soul food spot down the street? I'm buying."

Shae's eyes lit up. "Ooh, yes! I'm so down for that. I could use some fried chicken and fries after this long service."

We stepped out into the bright sunlight, blinking away the glare. The church parking lot was bustling with people chatting and laughing, saying their goodbyes.

"I saw Von at the party last night," Shae said, raising an eyebrow. "He was looking mighty fine, Ny. You better grab him before someone else does."

I rolled my eyes, playfully nudging her with my elbow. "Girl, I got this. Besides, we're just taking things slow, getting to know each other."

Shae grinned mischievously. "Uh-huh, sure you are. That's why you two were all over each other last night?"

I blushed, laughing. "Shae, stop it. You're making a scene."

Shae grinned mischievously. "Uh-huh, sure you are, Ny. That's why y'all was all over each other last night?"

I laughed, feelin' a flutter in my chest. "Shae, stop it! You're makin' a scene."

We reached the parkin' lot, and Shae turned to me with a sly smile. "So, what's the plan for today? You and Von got a date or somethin'?"

I shook my head, playfully rollin' my eyes. "No, Shae. We ain't got no plans. I told you, we's takin' things slow."

Shae nodded, but her eyes sparkled with excitement. "Okay, okay. I'm just makin' sure. You know I got your back, Ny."

I smiled, feelin' grateful for my cousin's support. "I know, Shae. And I appreciate it."

We reached my car, and Shae leaned against the door, foldin' her arms. "So, what you say we grab some lunch and then hit the mall? I need to get some new shoes."

I grinned, startin' the engine. "Sounds like a plan to me, Shae. Let's go!"

-

📍𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘨𝘰 𝘐𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘪𝘴
𝘓𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘨𝘰 𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘭