.01.

PREVIEW

As the lights flashed and the camera clicked, Minal struck a pose, her slender figure and striking features commanding the attention of the entire room. She was a natural in front of the lens, her years of experience and dedication to her craft evident in every movement, every expression.

But Minal's journey to becoming a successful model had not been easy.

And now, here she was, posing for a high-end fashion brand, her image about to be plastered on billboards and magazine covers around the world. She felt a sense of pride and accomplishment, knowing that she had earned her place in this competitive industry.

As the shoot wrapped up and the crew began to pack up their gear, Minal couldn't help but think about the journey that had brought her here. The early mornings, the long hours, the endless pressure to look perfect. It had been a wild ride, but one she would do all over again in a heartbeat.

For Minal, modelling wasn't just about posing in front of a camera, it was about telling a story, conveying a message, inspiring others and most of all to take her revenge to those that make her living a hell at the past.

And as she left the studio that day, she knew that she was too close to accomplishing her goal.

***

Minal's pov

The night hides while the sun starts to reveal its glowing brightness.

And today happen to be Monday. I quickly open my eyes wide, rubbing against my palm and drag my lazy legs to the small toilet outside my room but after saying the morning adhkar.

I bath and brush my white teeth coming out of the room with a white towel I own since I was 8. Despite that it's still look good on me and freshly clean.

I went back to my room and wear a trouser and a top. I am dodging school today because I need to go to work. I slip into my short length hijab and went to mum's room and greet her.

"Good morning Ammi." I said and gently help her to sit upright.

My mum is sick and is suffering from leukaemia cancer and blood pressure. I don't know how am going to take her to hospital since I don't have money and my dad is currently out of town or technically out of our lives forever.

I am the only daughter they have and for the past few month I work at a restaurant, as a part-time.

School that I almost drop out but mum make sure that I still go despite all the struggle.

"You wake up already, wait and have your breakfast." mum said before she struggle to stand and I stop her.

"No mum, it's okay.. I can manage. Besides I am a grown up you don't have to keep Pampering me."

"Oh God, my daughter is a lady. what will be the happiest thing if not my daughter getting married to the most handsome and richest man on earth."

"Okay mum you have to stop and I'm not getting married until I've my own money and FYI I'm not marrying rich guy but I'll go with the handsome."

"That's my girl." and mum smack my shoulder lightly.

"I'll take my leave before am late."

"Come back soon, I love you and make sure you wear your uniform."

"Love you too and thanks my uniform are not clean." I peck her cheeks while she peck my forehead. I wear my worn-out shoes and my pretty black back pack at my back and dashed out of the small apartment.