Chapter Nine.

Notes- I wrote this because of plot yk (sorry Jodie fans). This chapter is another nice one! Savour the nice ones.

A few weeks had passed since that night, during which time Marjorie had tried to help Sara find a job, to no avail. Sara was on the verge of giving up, but Marjorie's reassuring words left a little light inside her heart that one day things will work out for the best.

Marjorie sat contemplating the ways in which she could actually help Sara in her office until she heard a singular sharp bang at the door, followed by an angry looking Winter storming in. ''Marjorie I beg you fire that insolent woman!''

''What has she done now?'' Marjorie deadpanned. Normally, Marjorie would have no issue with letting a staff member go if they were not up to work standards, and truthfully she had desperately wanted to get rid of Jodie for some time. However, Jodie had worked there for years and so Marjorie simply felt bad, as if turning away Jodie was to shun a member of her own family.

''What has she done? WHAT HAS SHE DONE?'' Winter took a moment to attempt to regain any composure he has left, before saying in a slightly calmer tone ''She gave a kid a WHOLE BOTTLE of medicine because the child complained the RECOMMENDED DOSE I GAVE THEM 5 MINS PRIOR WASN'T working. It takes time to kick in everyone knows that.''

''Oh my god that's so dang-'' Marjorie was quickly cut off. ''And then. AND THEN. She had the NERVE. To call me uptight for not wanting to share the bottle with the child. As if I was such a bad person for that. The child is okay, thank heavens, but for the love of God woman if you don't fire her soon I am going to lose my sanity.''

Marjorie sighed, knowing Winter was right. She then made a phone call to bring Jodie into the office. At first, She was going to attempt to make this as kind and gentle as possible for the young woman. However, the completely nonchalant expression Jodie seemed to be wearing had completely dissolved any kindness Marjorie was going to give.

''Jodie you're fired.'' Surprisingly, Jodie took it well, but that could just be due to the fact she didn't actually know what was happening. Marjorie didn't want to make assumptions but she swore she could hear cheering coming from outside the door when the words were said. And, upon re-evaluating, she realised she probably should have fired Jodie a long time ago.

Now, all she needed to do was to find someone to take on Jodie's job in the kitchen. Hopefully, with a bit of luck, this next person might have a bit more of a clue as to what they are doing. Marjorie sat there for a few moments before she came to the sudden realisation.

Sara.