Chapter Eight.

Notes- You guys cant yell at me this is cute.

When they both arrived at the house, Marjorie gently guided Sara onto the sofa. It was a small, soft sofa with vibrantly coloured cushions and blankets. One cushion in particular seemed to have the nursery manager's face on it, which made Sara laugh and shake her head slightly.

''Would you like a drink?'' the older woman offered kindly, to which Sara nodded her head. A few minutes later, she came back with a large mug of hot chocolate, covered in whipped cream and marshmallows. This homely, sweet drink was a contrast to the bitter strong coffee Sara normally drank and she was starting to feel like a little kid again.

Marjorie then sat on the sofa, wrapping her arms around Sara like a protective blanket against all of her troubles. Instinctively, Sara moved herself closer to the other woman, as if she were a life line. They stayed like that for a while, until Sara found her eyes starting to close. Without even realising, Sara shifted slightly until she was resting her head on Marjorie's lap. Marjorie melted at the sight, and started softly stroking her head rhythmically.

Marjorie always knew she wanted children, but her mother's harsh tones, along with the countless horror stories at the nursery, let her to be weary that she wouldn't be good enough. This thought led her to push down those motherly feelings and focus on other aspects of life. But now, with sleeping Sara huddled to her, she realised she needed to have that important talk with Reece.

A few hours later, Sara began to stir, to which Marjorie rubbed her back gently guided her to wake up. ''You feeling better now my love?'' Sara rubbed her eyes slightly. ''Yeah- Oh my god did I fall asleep on you that's so embarrassing i'm sorry!'' Marjorie gave a low, soft laugh and began to shift herself so that Sara could be more comfortable. ''No, no my darling you looked like you needed that sleep.'' Marjorie leaned down slightly and pressed a soft kiss on Sara's forehead before continuing ''Do you want to.. Talk about what happened?''

Sara herself hadn't fully processed the events of last night, or the realisation that her little act of bravery caused her to be out of a job with no way of paying rent, food or any other necessities. ''I don't know what i'm going to do Marj. Maybe I could beg for my job back?'' Marjorie was quick to shut down that idea. ''My darling, that job isn't safe. You'll find somewhere you love eventually I promise.''

Sara looked up at her with teary eyes. ''But what if I don't?'' Marjorie wrapped Sara into another firm but gentle embrace. She then kissed her head softly before reassuring her, her words filled with love.

''Don't worry, you will. I've got you my darling. I've always got you.''