Back Together

1 August, 1997

1 August, 1997

Spencer Valdorf and Mattheo Riddle, made their way through the crowded streets of London. Hoping to find a place where they could eat their food, and lay low for a while. The couple ended up in a small place, not a restaurant, more of an cafe.

"It's nice just pretending everything is normal," Spencer mumbled, biting into a few potato chips.

"Yeah, pretending where Muggles," Mattheo scoffed as he looked at Spencer eating the fries he bought for her.

"I wonder how many Muggles are aware of us, I mean, it have to be more than what we think." Spencer asked, not needing an answer from Mattheo, but happy when he did answer.

"It would be pretty wicked if it turned out that all muggles knew about us." He answered back, with a tone that told Spencer that he certainly didn't think it was as wicked as Spencer thought.

"I mean we're not so good at hiding from them all the time, someone must have noticed by now,"

"Totally agree," Mattheo smiled, a smile that also said that he didn't actually care, but tried to be supportive once again.

"If you don't agree or care you can just say it," Spencer muttered, finishing up the last fries.

"Well, I don't think like you do, but I love hearing every single thought of yours, so keep talking,"

"Oh, okay Mister Loverboy," Spencer teased.

Mattheo rolled his eyes. "For once I'm trying to be nice and supportive, even complimenting you, and that's all I get?" He teased back.

"Dont forget who you're talking to, I still haven't forgiven you for everything that has happened,"

The air began to change, just the same type of air that filled the apartment a few hours ago, when Mattheo stood in the door frame for the first time in months.

"Forgiven me? Do I need to apologize?" Mattheo retorted back, slightly insulted by what Spencer was saying.

"Well, I wouldn't guess in my wildest dreams that almost dying was going to be something casual when being a part of your life, but well, look at me,"

"Spence, come on, you know I never meant it to happen that way."

"I know Mattheo, I just want to know why and how, and how you could lie to me through all those times I opened up to you." Spencer sighed, her mood going down. "Its not the fact that Bellatrix Lestrange almost killed me, the reason I feel so betrayed is how you out of everyone knew who my father was and what his intention truly was, you said nothing,"

"You need to understand Spence, that allowing you to know would only put you in more trouble, at least now you had the opportunity to not follow your father's path, neither me or Draco had that opportunity."