The Great Gatsby

21 October 1996

21 October 1996

Since the heated argument between Mattheo and Spencer, she decided to ignore him, its not like nobody else could teach her potions. She didn't want to talk to him, especially not after he had supposed his father didn't do anything against her or her family.

Meanwhile, Mattheo had tried several times to talk with the girl, trying to plan a new tutoring session. But she had just begged him to not speak with her and walked away. Mattheo clearly didn't understand what he did wrong, and when he informed Draco about the issue, Malfoy teased the boy about his behavior and made him understand why the girl became distant. Because what Mattheo Riddle didn't know, was something pretty much every person that knew about the tragics of the Valdorf family was aware about.

On a night several years ago, his father, Voldemort, had ended the life of Patricia Valdorf, torturing and keeping her hostage before finishing her life. Everyone knew that Patricia had been kept hostage as a threat, to show the wizarding world that even one of the most brilliant and successful witches also could end up badly. And after that night, when she was murdered, the whole wizarding world felt quiet for a while.

Patricia Valdorf wasn't just an ordinary witch. She was the first witch in decades that graduated Hogwarts with top scores throughout every year, and also, being able to name new spells.

Mattheo had instantly regretted every word that left his mouth that evening and as the days passed, he finally built up the courage to apologize. Because, even a son of a monster could see the wrong in his father's behavior.

As he watched her in the library, looking for some book, he couldn't prevent himself from walking up to her.

"Hey, Valdorf," Mattheo said in a low tone, catching her attention. "Are you serious?" She had muttered before trying to leave. Her voice being as soft as if she didn't want to hurt him.

"Hey, just give me two seconds to talk,"

"Why should I?" Spencer scoffed, irritated with the boy. "I have a lot to say,"

"Go on then?" She declared, leaning against one of the bookshelves behind her. "One minute before I'll leave."

"Merlins beard, okey, I'm sorry, If I had known what I know now, I wouldn't say the stuff I said,"

"You're apologizing?" she scoffed, an unbelieving look spread across her face.

"Uhm, yes,"

"Why?"

"Because I want to?" Mattheo retorted. Now standing a bit closer to her than he did before.

"so you care about me?"

"When you put it like that-"

"Just admit that you care for me as if I was one of your friends," Spencer finally let out, tired of Mattheo pretending like he didn't care about her.