Chapter 1

*One year later*

(Kody's POV)

Alison has been missing for over a year now, it was really hard in the beginning with the police questioning us and reporters asking questions only cause we were Alison's best friends.

My name is Kody Reed I'm now a Junior at Rosewood high and it is okay sort of. Since Ali went missing the girls and I drifted apart and Aria moved to Iceland.

I've actually known Ali the longest and I was so heartbroken and devastated when she went missing not only cause she was my best friend and all but I was and still am inlove with Jason her older brother I've actually been inlove with him for 3 years now so when the Dilaurentis's moved I couldn't tell Jason how I feel about him. No one knew how I feel about him not even Ali cause she would explode and say he takes drugs and gets drunk every night and past out during the day and such but I saw another side of Jason a few times while the other girls ignored him I would give him a small smile and he would smile back and sometimes we would talk about the funniest things and he really was/is a caring person. I was really close with the other girls I never called just one of them to hang out but all of them it is just more fun to hang out with all your best friends.

Anyway I have hazel color eyes and soft brown hair that goes to my mid-back with the ends dyed red and here and there streaks of red dye. Aria moved to Iceland after Ali dissapeared, Spencer became more competetive than she already was, Hanna decided to have a makeover and is one of the most popular girls in school with her boyfriend Sean and new best friend Mona Vanderwall I've never liked her she has this two-faced act and that vibe that says she is bad news and Emily is now the best swimmer in the whole school and sets a record at almost all of the swim meets. Even though we drifted apart me and Emily sticked together.

"Are you coming to my swim meet today Kody?" Emily asks when we sat down and eating our lunch.

"Of course Em, I won't miss it for the world" I said giving her a reassuring smile.

She sighed in relief and continued eating her lunch I was a bit bored so I went threw my the pictures on my phone I stopped at one photo and me and Jason once took I was waiting in Ali's living room while she went out to the grill and got us food I was bored so I took random photos then Jason came into the living room and I asked if he wanted to take a few selfies with me he wanted to so we took the silliest selfies and just a normal one were we smiled and were he kissed ny cheek. That was one of the best days of my life.

"Did you see Aria is back?" Em asks me when I putted my phone back in my bag.

"No, is she back really?" I asked not believing what I'm hearing

"Yea and she looks diffrent she doesn't have the streaks of red dye in her hair anymore" she said to me

"Aww man that was our thing we looked like twins" I whined

"Don't worry she is still our short munchkin" she said smiling

We both looked at each other and bursted out laughing, we gave Ari that nickname cause she is so short but we love her to death and I missed her so much when she was gone.

~after swim meet~

"Em you did so well" I said giving her a hug, she came first in everything she swam and broke a record.

"Thanks Kody, wanna come over?" She asks

"Sure why not" I said giving her a grin

"I invited Aria to so us three can catch up" she said when we got to her car.

"Awesome! I'll see you in a few" I said going to my motorcycle and quickly going to the grill to get us food and going to Em's house.

"Aria! I missed you so much!" I said as soon as I saw her and attacked her with a bear hug

"Kody! I missed all of you guys to!" She said after hugging me and Em.

So that night we decided to have a sleepover at my house to catch up, when I went to the kitchen fo get us some sodas and pizza my phone beeped indicating I have a new messege

Blocked number

Aww, is little Kody still moping over Jason poor you! -A

Who the hell is A and how does he/she know about me liking Jason no one knows except me. I quickly went back to the girls pretending nothing happened while we enjoyed the rest of the evening.

The next day the girls quickly went home to get ready for school and that text messege from yesterday is still stuck in my head and reality struck me this person knows how I feel about Jason but how? It is really starting to freak me out.

"Kody there are people moving into Ali's old house" Emily said to me as soon as I parked my motorcycle in the school parking lot

"What? Really are you sure" I asked her not believing it

"Yea I talked to the girl this morning her name is Maya" she said clearly upset that someone would move into our old best friend's house

"Okay just calm down get to know her and tell her who lived there okay?" I said looking her in the eye

"Okay" she said relaxing a bit

"There is also another thing I wanted to tell you?" She said with a panic look in her eye

"What is it?" now I started to panic

"I got an anonymous text this morning after I talked to Maya and the person signed it -A" she said in a hush tone

"What really? I also got one last night what did yours say?" I asked

"The person said, poor Em sad to see you haven't moved on get over yourself honey. -A" she said

"And you?" She asked

"Aww, is little Kody still moping over Jason poor you! -A" I showed her the text

"I have to tell you something Em, but later after school okay?" I said as we started walking into school

"Sure" she said

With that we went our seperate ways with that one thought on our minds' who is A?'