Free of Charge 4

Please consider this as a disclaimer. There may be some topics and scenes that some people may find offending and uncomfortable. The main topics are child abuse and homosexuality. It is not my intention to offend anyone. This is merely for the sake of the plot and there is nothing more to it than that. If you are uncomfortable kindly skip this chapter.

After parting with Zhan in front of his house, Yibo continued his journey to his house. His home was a bit more of a walk from Zhan's. The house he lived in right now was a bit run down. It was a house bought by his father when he got married. Hello was a good man. He loved Yibo's mother more than anything. When his mother was pregnant with him, the doctors told them that there were a few complications. Despite his insistence Yibo's mother refused to give up on him and continued with the pregnancy. However it proved to be fatal. His mother lost his life during labour. His father was heartbroken. During the initial days Yibo's father tried to look after him. But the loss of his beloved wife was more than he could bear. He started to distract himself by keeping himself busy in work and with his friends. Yibo was a reminder of what he lost so he avoided him as much as possible. Later on he started drinking. Yibo's mother was a orphan, when his father married her, he had to cut off  all ties with his family, since they were against their marriage. And when he was so overcome with grief of losing her, there was nobody by his side to help him or guide him. His friends became a bad influence on him, encouraging him to drink and smoke to cope up with his loss. Soon he became addicted to the temporary relief these gave him and became severely addicted to them. Now, so many years later, the once good and responsible man is nowhere to be seen. He was only a drunkard and drug addict. During all theses years Yibo never got an ounce of love  from his father . The feelings his father had for him slowly turned to disdain.

His father under the influence of alcohol hit him several times. All the money he had saved during his early years now went into buying alcohol and drugs. Yibo went to a public school, so his fees were not a problem. For his other expenses, he did a part time job at a cafe, taking on extra shifts just so he could stay away from his house.

After walking for a small distance, Yibo reached his house. As soon as he opened the door of his house, the stench of alcohol and cigarette entered his nose and scrunched his face on disgust. His father sat on the couch. He was indifferent towards Yibo. Yibo considered himself lucky and walked towards his room, fast and silently. He closed his door and locked it from the inside. He stayed in the room for sometime. Then he changed and went to the cafe.

While walking back from the cafe, he had his earphones in. He had his playlist on shuffle. And a romantic song began playing. He couldn't help but think about Zhan while listening to the lyrics. There was a small smile on his face. But that smile was wiped off when he entered his house.

That day for some reason, his father and his friends had decided to gather in their house for their drinking session. Yibo had decided to ignore them and go straight to his room drawing as little attention towards himself as possible. But his father called out to him. He asked him make all of them some scrambled eggs. Yibo immediately turned towards the kitchen.

He put his phone on the table, his bag on the chair and began working. He tried to focus on the cooking. To be honest, he was really scared. His father's friends were a bunch of rowdies who treated him as their servant. And they didn't hesitate to beat and shove him if he did something to displease them. So he always tried to hide in his room while they were around. He even had some scars from the previous encounters. He completed the eggs as soon as possible, put them on a plate and put the plate on the table in the living room, making sure to not disturb any body in the process. As soon as he was done he took his and escaped to his room.

Once inside his room he shut the door and sat on the bed, trying to calm his heart down. However the loud noises coming from the living room made it difficult for him to calm down. He tried shut his ears. Just when it began to work, he was startled with a loud banging on the door.