loosing a supporter

Monday....

It was a Monday, and since we didn't have the day off, we were supposed to go to school. Our parents suggested hanneal driving us all to school together to spend some quality time as a family and strengthen our bond.

But you and I already knew that it's not about any family, but about the battery life of dad's cars. Yeah, he actually did that so his cars could rest. I mean, you know who would like to see his cars roaming about, you know, especially dad?!...

Sometimes I think, what did this man ever thank God for? I mean, he has money, family, and love, so what does he need next that he doesn't have? He didn't even donate to charity; he has never donated to charity in his life.

I can remember one time we were out in the morning, and an old man was ringing a bell for the Salvation Army. I asked if we could give him some money, and he told me that he works hard for his money and wasn't about to let me give it away. He said it isn't his fault that other people don't have work or don't want to work. Homeless people were homeless because they were lazy and drugs addicts and didn't want to work like other people. But I'm not like my father; I didn't believe in his whole way. Some homeless people are not homeless because they chose to be; they are homeless because there isn't enough help to go around, and people like my dad are the main reason for that.

Anyway, Ethan said he's not going to school that morning. He handed the key to Caleb, when we reached the parking space. Amelia asked Caleb to give her the key to drive us, but he refused to give her the key.

As usual, they began fighting, and I was just sitting behind them like a statue . In the end, Caleb got the key, and they both decided who'll drive us to school.

On our way to school, Amelia was praising her phone. and I was thinking about my new puppy and just couldn't wait to go home and meet her again. Suddenly, bam! Our car hit a tree. Yes, because they were fighting, and no one was holding the steering wheel...., and the steering wheel were all over the place, going here and there, and there, and there.

***

At home...
Dad was enormously angry. he kept looking at that car

Dad's face was red with anger, his eyes blazing with a mix of frustration and disappointment. He kept staring at the car, shaking his head in disbelief, as if willing the damage to undo itself. I thought I saw a tear roll down his cheek, but he quickly wiped it away, clearing his throat to compose himself. The silence was tense, punctuated only by the sound of Caleb and Amelia snickering nervously in the background. I could sense the storm brewing, and I braced myself for the explosion that was sure to come.

"'What happened?' Dad asked finally, his voice low and even, but with a hint of warning. 'You won't believe it,' Caleb began, taking a deep breath. 'I was driving, and Mimi's puppy got loose and ran onto my lap. I'm allergic, and I panicked. I asked Amelia to grab it, but she was too scared., and A... well, Amelia was angry at me for some reason, and she refused to help.' Dad's expression darkened, his eyes narrowing. 'So, you're telling me that a puppy caused this wreck?' He shook his head, incredulous. 'Unbelievable.'

Daddy was yelling at me, about to finish a statement when Mom intervened, asking if everyone had witnessed the incident. But before I could explain, Caleb and Amelia all told the same lie, a big fat lie that I knew wasn't true. I was totally shocked and didn't get a chance to defend myself. They all claimed that Daisy, my puppy, was with me in the car, but I knew that wasn't true because I had left her at home.

' who bought the pet?!' dad managed to ask
'Ethan' replied Caleb

"'Dad, please listen to me, I didn't do such a thing, I swear!' I pleaded. 'Quiet!...', 'daddy...,' don't say anything again, don't say it again, hear that?' I begged, trying to appease him. But before I could even finish, he gave me a stern look.