12. Bloodthirsty

MATURED CONTENT AHEAD. MAY CONTAIN SALACIOUS SCENES AND EXPLICIT WORDS THAT MAY BE HARMFUL AND DISTURBING TO SOME READERS. IT IS INTENDED FOR MATURE READERS ONLY. DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

OTTO

"PARTY'S over. All of you. Go home!" I yelled and everybody stopped.

Tila nanadya naman ang DJ, huminto ang tugtog at lahat ng mga mata'y lumipad sa akin. There was a collection of gasps when they noticed the bloody hand I was holding. Fear, horror, and tension hung in the air
as I stood there like a masked Frankenstein,terrorizing everyone sa araw ng kasal ko.

Great! You'll leave a lasting impression, Otto.

"What the fuck is that, Otto?" The great Don Sixto Torrevillas boomed from the crowd.

I ignored him. I gave zero fucks on my father or to anyone for that matter. Sa mga oras na 'to, isa lang ang gusto ko. To purge out the twisted bloodlust that seemed to consume me the moment I saw that son of a bitch touched Chiara.

Anger was an emotion I know for some time now but this one is new to me. It's consuming me from the inside out, making me the monster who's ready to kill and blind to logic. I fucking hate it but you know who I loathe more? The woman behind all of these conflicting feelings.

My nose flared. Nilingon ko ang asawa. Humigpit ang pagkakahawak ko sa braso ni Chiara. I was about to lash out on her but it stopped on my throat when her dark brown pools clashed against mine. Puno iyon ng katanungan at pag-aalala. Wala roon ang takot na dapat kong makuha mula sa kanya.

"Why are you worried?"

Chiara quickly threw a look at my father's approaching figure. I scoffed at her panicked look.

"You're full of surprises, hellion. My father will kill every man in this room, kasama ako. But he'll never lay a finger on the women. You're safe. Stop trembling for fuck's sake."

She nibbled her lips and for a moment she was just staring at me. Tila inaarok ang katotohanan sa mga salita ko. She shrugged her shoulders sabay pisil sa palad ko. I groaned in surprise nang walang abog-abog na sumiksik siya sa tagiliran ko. Her action brought a strange warmth into my chest. Suddenly, the urge to kill the man who made her scared consumed me.

Nagtagis ang bagang ko't gusto kong sipain ang sarili sa kahangalang iyon. Hate was the only feeling I'll allow in this fucking sham. Wala ng iba.

Ibinaling ko ang atensiyon sa papalapit na bulto ng papa ko. His background was comical at best. Hindi malaman nila Shamie at Nikolai kung paano itataboy sina Temperance at ang ilang mga kakabaihang bisita namin sa upang itago sa napipintong karahasang ihahasik ko.

"What the fuck is this all about? And whose hand is that, Otto? For fuck's sake, we have visitors. Kasal mo ngayon baka nakakalimutan mo. We're Mafia lords and not some bloodlust cannibals in the wild." Seven stabbed me with his eyes while he pulled Santy on his back.

As a response, I called Quinn. Sunod-sunod ang murang pinakawalan ni Seven but my attention was on my big brother's back. The spot where Chiara's family were milling. My third in command dragged the pendejo who a few minutes ago signed his death certificate and I saw the surprise that registered on Aldous's face when he saw the wailing man.

Got you, motherfucker!

Pero bago ko maibuka ang bibig ko, all hell break lose. Seven was on my face in an instant, gripping my collar. I pushed Chiara on my back. An action that both angered and left me stunned. Never akong naging ganito ka-protective sa mga past girlfriends at flings ko. Not even to the mother of my son- Guilliana.