CHAPTER 5

During the naive, muddleheaded days of his childhood, Topten had definitely suspected that Pon’s tolerance and respect for him had a special connotation to it.

He suspected it was due to a ‘crush.’

In a sense, Topten was exceedingly prone to a one-track way of thinking, and even had a sincerely difficult time worrying over this, imagining scenarios and planning out what he should do if Pon were ever to confess to him.

Although he enjoyed wearing dresses, he didn’t actually consider himself female.

He especially did not want to offer his cherry to be popped—even if Pon was the most important friend in his life.

So for a time, Topten incessantly hinted “I like women” and “I am a straight man,” until Pon politely and euphemistically told him, “What’s the difference between liking you and a lunatic? Don’t worry, I’m not that blind. I wouldn’t do something that foolish.”

Topten still remembers how disgruntled he had been. “Then what do you like, fairies?”

Pon pondered for a while, then said, “I don’t know, but not lunatics.”

The times had changed, and the once ridiculed, flat-chested youth was now a lascivious butterfly, but Pon, who had long since been bent, was forced onto the path of blind dating.

The wheels of fortune had reversed, and the ways of the world had become unpredictable.

“Hahahahahahaha!” Topten’s inner heart was filled with the joy of revenge, and he even wanted to stand up and applaud.

“Who knew you’d come to this day!”

Pon stared at him mutely.

“Be content with it, at least it’s a man.” Topten was very cheerful. “I thought you would live the rest of your life with this lunatic.”

“…”

Pon set his cup down, ready to pay and leave.

Topten hurriedly pulled him back.

“Sulking isn’t fun. Sit down. Give your brother some details first. Which fairy are you meeting?”

At this moment, the alcohol hit him, and Pon felt as if both his strength and reason had turned to pulp.

He had completely lost the ability to hide his wounds, or maybe he had decided to become hopelessly reckless, and directly confessed, “It’s the son of my father’s friend. His name is Sailub Hemmawich. A professor at Mahidol University.”

Topten’s eyes twitched, his sharp black fingernails twirling at his hair.

“The very tall, handsome, proud and bespectacled guy. Is that him?”

Pon, “En. You know him?”

“Not only do I know him!” Topten slapped Pon’s thigh and said excitedly, “He’s related to my dad’s side of the family! Sailub’s mother is my dad’s aunt, the two of us are a generation apart. I have to call him uncle…”

Pon tried to untangle this complicated family tree for a while until his head hurt, but finally couldn’t keep from laughing.

He squinted his drunken eyes.

“So if this works out, I’ll have to give you
New Year's money
in the future, right?”

His eyes gleamed with waves of light, revealing a rare gentle, lucid look, like a stream of
autumn water, stained with the beauty of intoxication.

Just like the saying that wine does not make people drunk, people make themselves drunk.

One could say he was cold and unfeeling, but he wasn’t.