CHAPTER 12

On their way back to the office, Nut didn’t dare stand by Mile’s side so he walked one step behind him.

He glanced up at the other’s back over and over again, but didn’t dare speak to him the entire time.

He returned to the assistant’s office with a drooping head, then ran into Michael, Pon’s main assistant, carrying a bag as he went out the door.

Nut falteringly greeted him with a ‘P'Micheal.’ This was returned with a stern look.

“I’m running an errand. Don’t run around and leave Director Thanapon without any staff to call for.”

Nut nodded dazedly and sat down at his workstation. His mind was in a state of turmoil—he wasn’t sure if he should report Ohm to Pon.

Although Ohm’s actions had been very suspicious, he was still one of Pon’s highly-regarded employees. If he carelessly went and made a false report, Nut would definitely lose his job.

But if he didn’t say anything, he would still feel uncomfortable.

And Mile, how much did he hear? What side did that person stand on?

In the evening, while the employees were packing up to go home, Pon sat in front of the window under the light of the setting sun.

He wondered if he should invite Sailub for dinner and ask him for advice about the situation. But before he had even figured out how to ask, the phone on his desk began vibrating.

Speaking of the devil, Sailub’s voice rang out clearly. “Not off work yet?”

Pon automatically interpreted this question as Sailub asking if he was still at the company or not. He replied, “Not yet. What’s up?”

Sailub responded brusquely, “Your company’s receptionists are already off work.”

Pon blanked for a few seconds before realizing something. He sprang up unstably from his chair. “Are you downstairs? Wait there, don’t move, I’ll come down right now.”

“Don’t rush.” There seemed to be a low laugh from the other end of the phone. “Take your time.”

A black BMW was parked in front of the building.

Pon recognized the license plate and pulled the door open with a familiar ease. He sat down and asked in a good mood, “How did you find the time to come over today?”

“There’s nothing to do at the lab and I’m not that busy over summer vacation anyways.” Sailub motioned for him to buckle his seat belt and lightly stepped on the gas pedal.

“I remembered we haven’t eaten the meal from last time, so I came to collect my debts.”

“Let’s eat out today.” Pon thought events had turned out perfectly. He said casually, “I don’t have any groceries at home.”

Sailub’s mood visibly dropped, sulking so blatantly it was difficult to ignore.

His beautiful side profile became strained, and his eyes stared straight ahead. His entire body exuded an aura of complaints, as if he was saying ‘you lying big pig trotter.’

Pon became quite afraid of this and coaxed hurriedly, “Isn’t it because I’m afraid you’ll be hungry. Then let’s stop by the supermarket on the way. It’ll take two hours if we ask for grocery delivery.”

Sailub drove the car somberly, pretending he was very sensible and understanding. “I don’t want to be a bother. You can just cook whatever.”

Pon thought to himself,
pfffft...