Chapter 8 - Reunion

"Aebelle! You're back!" Marissa beamed, pulling her daughter into a warm hug. "I was just telling Marinoah about your adventures in the academy."

Aebelle pulled back, her eyes widening as she saw Marinoah standing beside her mother. "Mari!!!" she gasped, a joyous shriek slipping from her lips.

 "Mari!!!" she gasped, a joyous shriek slipping from her lips

Marinoah's face lit up with a matching grin. "Aebee!!!!" she squealed, launching herself at Aebelle. The two girls clung to each other, their laughter echoing through the hallway. It was like no time had passed since their last shared giggle fit.

Aebelle finally pulled back, breathless and filled with questions. "How...when did you...?!"

Marinoah beamed, her horns catching the light from the hallway. "My dad and I moved into town. And I'm also transferring to your school!"

"Wait, really!? Awesome!" Aebelle's eyes sparkled with excitement. Then, she stopped, her gaze falling on Marinoah's horns. "Mari? You have...horns?"

Marinoah's smile faltered, her eyes dropping to the ground. "Oh, right...uh... I'm a dragon..." She braced herself, expecting Aebelle to pull away, to be terrified.

Aebelle, however, simply tilted her head, her eyes filled with a mixture of curiosity and admiration. "You look more beautiful with them."

Marinoah's shock was palpable. A blush crept up her cheeks, spreading until it painted her whole face a rosy hue. "You...you really think so?" she stammered, completely disarmed.

Aebelle nodded, her smile wide and genuine. "Oh, that's right! Where do you guys live?"

"We live somewhere in the apartments," Marinoah replied, her voice still slightly shaky.

Aebelle pulled her friend into another hug. "I miss you," she whispered, burying her face in Marinoah's shoulder.

Marissa, standing back, watched the scene unfold with a soft smile. Her heart swelled with happiness, witnessing the reunion of her daughter and her childhood friend. "Awww," she murmured to herself, a warmth spreading through her.

On the next day....

The classroom buzzed with excitement as Marinoah, towering over everyone, entered. Whispers filled the air.

"Holy! She's so tall!" a girl exclaimed.

"Chocolate skin," a boy commented, seemingly mesmerized.

"And she's that new girl's best friend," another boy added, eyes glued to Marinoah's every move.

Marinoah, unfazed by the stares, offered a polite smile. "Nice to meet you all."

Aebelle, ever the innocent, ushered Marinoah to her seat, which was behind Aebelle's.

As Marinoah sat down, Matsuda and Motohama, their eyes glued to her chest, leaned in closer.

"Mama!!! She's so sexy!" Matsuda declared, his voice barely above a whisper.