Training day PT.3

A/N: Damn it's really been a whole month since I touched this fic, mb fam

Flashback

Sunako was heavily worn out, her cursed energy depleting rapidly. In front of her stood a shikigami she had never encountered before. It had a humanoid appearance with horns protruding from its head, lightweight armor lining its body, and it wielded a two-toothed dagger that had pierced through her cursed technique. Behind it stood a tall, dark-skinned man, watching the battle with keen eyes.

"Are you tired, Isshin?" the dark-skinned man asked the shikigami.

"Yes, she's quite difficult to handle," Isshin responded, its voice strained.

"Alright, you've done enough. Return," the man commanded, making Isshin dissolve into thin air.

"fighting your battles yourself, Kenshin? I'm touched," Sunako said, her voice dripping with sarcasm despite her exhaustion.

Kenshin smirked. "I just wanted Isshin to wear you down so I could finish you off myself."

Sunako's eyes narrowed, her defiance undiminished even in her weakened state. "You think you can kill me that easily?"

Kenshin stepped forward, his presence intimidating. "Easily? No. But now, you're within my reach."

Sunako braced herself, knowing she had to dig deep into her reserves if she was to survive this encounter. 

Kenshin's cursed energy flared, and he closed the distance between them in an instant. Their clash was intense, with Sunako using every ounce of her remaining strength to counter his relentless attacks. Despite her fatigue, she refused to give in, her mind racing for a strategy to turn the tide in her favor.

"Reality Shift: Shadow Mirage!" Sunako intoned. Instantly, the space around her warped, creating multiple shadowy illusions of herself. Each illusion moved independently, making it difficult for Kenshin to pinpoint her true location.

Kenshin's eyes narrowed as he tried to discern the real Sunako from the illusions. His cursed energy flared again, cutting through several mirages, but none were the real Sunako.

"Impressive trick, Sunako. But illusions won't save you." He raised his hand, summoning a massive surge of cursed energy.

"Reality Shift: Temporal Reversal!" Sunako shouted, her voice echoing through the altered space. Time around her briefly reversed, undoing the damage she had sustained and restoring some of her depleted energy.

Kenshin's attack landed, but Sunako had already moved, the temporal shift giving her just enough time to evade. She countered with a powerful move, "Reality Shift: Void Rend!" The air around her shimmered as she tore through the fabric of reality, sending a devastating shockwave towards Kenshin.

Kenshin staggered under the force of the attack, his stance disrupted. "Impressive, but not enough," he said, regaining his balance.