"Bear with me for a little longer." 🪶 (F)

Those eyes by New West

★★★★★

sylus' pov.

I don't want to fall in love. I can't fall in love. But, this woman is making my life choices damn hard.

I called out for Mephisto, who is now watching over Y/N. The N109 zone is a dangerous place, especially for someone like her, who has an aether core carved inside her precious heart.

Mephisto landed on my shoulders, saying that she hasn't been that cheerful lately and just stares outside, apparently missing her freedom.

But in the circumstances she's in, she could be killed in a heartbeat.

Mephisto flapped his wings and flew over his resting spot.

I walked over the balcony of my room, which is next to hers. As expected, Y/N stands there, looking blankly while she stared at nowhere.

I don't know but, seeing her in that state pierces my heart. She looks like a free bird who got imprisoned.

Which is ironic because of... certain things.

I glanced at the glowing handcuff appearing around my left wrist. I just let out a chuckle. All of this is for her.

But it left me thinking, why am I doing this for her? I refuse to believe that this is because of the word... love.

"Sylus?" Y/N called out, making me snap out of my stupid thoughts.

"Who else, sweetie?" I immediately flashed her my signature smirk, my fingers messing my hair, "Why are you awake at this hour?"

It's almost midnight and it's bad for her health if she keeps this habit. She should sleep on time. I don't care about anyone else.

"Just thinking about... stuff." She forced out a smile, her fingers playing with some strands of her hair.

I used my power to bring her next to me. Even if I already did this to her often, her expression still remains dumbfounded. My arms are wrapped around her waist.

"What was that for!? We can talk even with the distance we had earlier. Plus, don't just use your Evol on me so suddenly!" She retorted and I just found her complains amusing. Even when she's pouting, my chest feels at ease.

"Sorry but I'm about to do it again." This time, I teleported the both of us at the front gate.

"Wait here. I'm going to get my bike." I let go of her waist and teleported quickly at my garage.

I brought two helmets with me as I started my bike. I see Y/N opening the gate with a smile. A smile so beautiful.

I tossed the helmet at her as she caught it. She wears it but remained standing.

"Come sit now. We're going somewhere."

"But where are you taking me?" She sat sideways because of her dress. My heart skipped a beat when she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Not telling until we get there." My lips twitched into a smile as I dashed out my mansion, using my magic to close the gates.

The whole ride was silent yet, it's oddly comfortable. I can feel her heartbeat and I hope she can't feel mine. It's faster than how I drive.

After a few long minutes, we arrived our destination. Without warning, I carried her down and grabbed her hand and ran through the sand with her.

I brought her to my private beach somewhere in the N109 zone. This place is probably the most relaxing part of this zone.

"I thought you need a change of pace. Can't have you running away from me." I sat on the rocks as the waves hugged the shore, the moon illuminating its light at the waters.

Y/N stays standing, a smile I haven't seen before crept up on her pretty lips.

"You don't know how much I appreciate this, Sylus."

I stood up, joining her as I reached out and tucked her hair behind her ear. Familiarity washed over me, my heart beating faster than it's supposed to beat.

"I know you want to leave this place but please, bear with me for a little longer." Words that I didn't expect I'd say, started coming out of my mouth.

"And I want to have you around. I know forever is too much to ask but, I always dream of it."

I leaned in closer, my thumb caressing the contour of her lips. My gaze shifted at her, looking for signs of being uncomfortable but there was none except, the look that I can't read.

My actions just now, does it resemble someone who's... in love?

Without thinking, my lips met hers. It turned out gently and sweetly as the cold breeze danced around us.

Reluctantly, I pulled away from our kiss, my face burning up.

"Sylus, once everything is already okay, I'd be happy to spend forever with you." She smiled, leaning in to kiss me once more.

★★★★★

don't forget to vote 💋‼️