CH- 06: Dilemmas of an Immortal.

Mary attempted various approaches to connect with Debby, but unfortunately, none proved successful. Moreover, Debby lacked any noteworthy talents, aside from her tendency to behave like a brat.

Given his youth and vulnerability, Sir Reynold will succumb to temptation, bribery, or coercion, especially if he cannot heal on his own.

Mary's heart sank even further. She realized she had only one remaining option to create paradise: deceiving the child.

— — — — — —

"ACHOO!" Ric sneezes sharply, cursing at whoever is thinking about him. "Not now, you—" he trails off in a slew of demonic curse words, envisioning the demon minister. "Wait until I'm out of this body; then I will meet you even if you're not willing." With a grunt, Ric pushes himself, extending his range by another ten meters.

He meticulously scanned each individual, dispatching wisps of his aura in all directions. Upon contact, he enveloped the person with the wisp, delving into their body to mend every injury.

As his energy reserves replenished more rapidly than he spent them, he struggled to expel the light within him, and only after a body's natural light reserves are depleted does the dark or death affinity begin to accumulate.

Ric barely pushed out a fraction before his reserves filled right back up. Physically, he can go on indefinitely, but the mental strain forced him to deactivate the domain spell every ten minutes. During this brief respite, his body refilled its reserves. It appeared this body had a fail-safe embedded in its very core, preventing it from straying too far from the light.

In the past, all he had to do was smash like a battle-crazed beast, but now he controlled, scanned, regulated, boosted, and healed.

He also discovered that healers couldn't expel their reserves without a focus point. They needed a patient to utilize their powers and couldn't randomly expand their aura, healing someone they didn't see as a patient.

This not only strained Ric's mind but also prevented him from expelling all the stores of light. Thanks to the nun's interference, he brute-forced the aura into others, healing them to deplete his reserves. These backwater lowlifes always seemed to come with a slew of life-threatening issues, and by brute-forcing, Ric wasted more aura.

By understanding the patient and the disease, healers can reduce their aura usage, but Ric neither wanted to save them nor the light. The nun might have grasped what he was doing, as she kept shifting people who walked close to him.

Ric thanked the nun and concentrated on driving the light away, but his bad luck somehow multiplied, persisting into the next life. Through brute-forcing the procedure, he discovered a way to alleviate the strain on his mind. This not only allowed him to release more aura but also enabled him to absorb more mana from the atmosphere simultaneously.

It was a fundamental function of the body to refill itself. The primary objective of light, life, and anything living is to survive, so he should have anticipated this outcome.

At his current level of control, he assumed he would need decades of training before this body would fully heed his mind's commands.

Enraged, Ric frantically scanned the surroundings for more people to heal. Spotting the girl Debbie, who he mistook for a grumpy old man, he aimed the wisp of aura toward her. However, before it reached her, Mary swiftly slapped Debbie unconscious and continued moving forward without a care in the world.

'I am beginning to like this nun,' Ric remarked with a smile, then winced in pain due to the moment.

Ric's brute-force technique ceased to work after a while as he successfully healed every last person in the group. This deepened his frown, and he soon discovered the reason for its failure.